Bakugo27
Badges: 11
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
is there a possibility of getting accepted? how about A*AA?
AbrahamP
Badges: 10
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Bakugo27)
Sadly not with those predicted grades . But that doesn't mean you can't get into those universities, since nothing is finalised . If you do well in your summer exams you can apply via clearing and can still be taken on as they'll typically lower their entry requirements (A*AA is too ambitious imo).
Bakugo27
Rep:
(Original post by AbrahamP)
Sadly not with those predicted grades . But that doesn't mean you can't get into those universities, since nothing is finalised . If you do well in your summer exams you can apply via clearing and can still be taken on as they'll typically lower their entry requirements (A*AA is too ambitious imo).
so can i apply to top unis via clearing?
AbrahamP
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
so can i apply to top unis via clearing?
If they have spaces and you meet their entry requirements (They lower them in clearing by a grade to 2) then yes its still possible. So make sure you smash them exams! You got this in the bag!
Bakugo27
Rep:
(Original post by AbrahamP)
If they have spaces and you meet their entry requirements (They lower them in clearing by a grade to 2) then yes its still possible. So make sure you smash them exams! You got this in the bag!
Thank you so much
Ardaafsar
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
I feel like you should give a try and if it doesn't work you can make it through clearing, but still give a try they also look at your extra actives that you have done etc when they are making an offer
McGinger
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
How to Avoid 5 Rejections - includes info about how to target your 5 choices - https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/uni...ity-rejections

Adjustment - you can only use this is you have 'exceeded the grades required by your Firm choice'. - https://www.thecompleteuniversitygui...cas-adjustment
EOData
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
TSR is full of people complaining about the 'low' predictions their teachers have given them, but on average UCAS predictions are normally an optimistic estimate of what you'll get. There are people who do better, but in 2019 (the last normal year) only 21% of people met or exceeded their predictions. https://www.ucas.com/file/292726/dow...token=wswAnzge Don't apply to a bunch of universities with entry requirements beyond your predictions or the chance is you'll land up without a place anywhere.
kaorimiyazono
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
Bluntly speaking, there is no way that you will get accepted into unis with ABB let along A*AA entry requirements if your predicted grades are BCC. So for now, the best advice would be to apply to 3 unis that have BCC entry requirements (they'll probably accept you if the rest of your application is good), one uni that has lower entry requirements (as a back up option), and one uni that has BBC (this can be your "they might accept me" uni).
However, if you ace your A-Level exams and exceed your predicted grades (which you can 100% do with some hard work), you can go into adjustment and see what other better unis are offering places (adjustment is different to clearing btw) and then apply to better unis through there on results day.
Good luck! I hope you get the grades you want in the end
Caz1234567
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
I applied to AAB unis with CCD predicted grades. I got rejected by Edinburgh and UCL. I got offers from Warwick and KCL. So why not? Go for it!

username5349620
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
Thank you so much
you got this bakubroooo
Bakugo27
Rep:
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by kaorimiyazono)
Bluntly speaking, there is no way that you will get accepted into unis with ABB let along A*AA entry requirements if your predicted grades are BCC. So for now, the best advice would be to apply to 3 unis that have BCC entry requirements (they'll probably accept you if the rest of your application is good), one uni that has lower entry requirements (as a back up option), and one uni that has BBC (this can be your "they might accept me" uni).
However, if you ace your A-Level exams and exceed your predicted grades (which you can 100% do with some hard work), you can go into adjustment and see what other better unis are offering places (adjustment is different to clearing btw) and then apply to better unis through there on results day.
Good luck! I hope you get the grades you want in the end
thanks
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (8)
10.13%
Okay (25)
31.65%
A bit lacking (22)
27.85%
Not good at all (24)
30.38%

Watched Threads