Official St John University 2022 Applicant Thread

Watch this thread
Evil Homer
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
Hi! :hello:

This is the thread for people who are thinking of applying to St John's University for 2022!

Meet and chat to other people applying here.

Ice breaker questions:
What course are you applying for?
What subjects are you studying now?

You can find a big list of all the other applicant threads here
QueenE2003
Badges: 9
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by Evil Homer)

This is the thread for people who are thinking of applying to St John's University for 2022!

Ice breaker questions:

hi, I am coming on the 23rd November for an interview to York!! I am studying English Language, PA and sociology!!!
ah6100tsr
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 5 months ago
Currently studying: Statistics, Psychology and Physics

Looking to study Primary Education (5-11) with a Foundation Year.
sashadivachic
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by wanderlustele)
hiii, i've applied for primary education with qts, got an interview on 23rd Nov (: studying combined english, music and geo A Levels
Hi, I have also applied for primary ed at YSJ. Please could you tell me how it went, what the interview was like and what questions they asked you. Also, please could you give me any advice/tips? It would be very much appreciated! Thank you.
sashadivachic
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 5 months ago
Hey, I have applied for Primary Education with QTS. I an currently studying CACHE Level 3 Diploma in Childcare and Education!
jodieg1982
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 5 months ago

Ice breaker questions:

Hi!
I'm going to be studying Children, Young People and Society BA at YSJ.
I'm a very mature student and will be 40 when I start in September.
ellxehxwell
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
Hi I've got my interview for Primary Education on 11th of Jan! Currently studying English Lit, Sociology and Philosophy and Ethics
kwllsy
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
I have an interview for Primary Education on 11th January as well. I am cureently studying English language, sociology and geography
Last edited by kwllsy; 4 months ago
Jazzmac
Badges: 4
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
Hello! My name is Jasmine and I have just confirmed my place at YSJ for 2022. I am returning to uni after having dropped out of derby uni a year ago. ill be studying Children Young People and Society.
Jazzmac
Badges: 4
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by jodieg1982)
Hi!
I'm going to be studying Children, Young People and Society BA at YSJ.
I'm a very mature student and will be 40 when I start in September.
Hi! Im studying this course and i'll be 20, Im super excited that there will be mature students on the course! Makes things much more interesting. Are you attending any decision days?
Ellis17703
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
Hi!
I'm going to be studying Japanese, TESOL and linguistics and just wondering if anyone here is also/has been on the course.
Kookoo153
Badges: 7
Rep:
Report 3 months ago

Ice breaker questions:

Hi I have applied for Korean intercultural communications and Japanese intercultural communications and linguistics 😊
OiFelixCmereBro
Badges: 8
Rep:
Report 3 months ago

Ice breaker questions:

hi!! ive applied for Japanese, Tesol and linguistics and i currently study digital media, photography and English language
Kookoo153
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
Hi I applied for many at York St. John 😂. I applied for Korean intercultural communications and linguistics. Korean TESOL and linguistics. Japanese intercultural communications. Japanese TESOL and linguistics 😂 and I currently study level 3 early years educator
CrimsonTZ
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
Hi! 👋 Im going to be studying Korean, Intercultural Communication and Linguistics. Anyone else? 😁
Kookoo153
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by CrimsonTZ)
Hi! 👋 Im going to be studying Korean, Intercultural Communication and Linguistics. Anyone else? 😁
I have applied for this but not heard back yet 😬 x
Anonymous #1
Report 2 months ago
I applied for a postgrad course last month and within 24 hours of application, I got rejected right away. Their only reason was that they were unable to make me an offer as my ‘completed and/or pending qualifications were insufficient for acceptance,’ I emailed them to ask what specific qualifications didn’t meet the requirements but they didn’t respond. I don’t understand, as I got offers from 3 London unis but not from YSJ. I also followed the entry requirements on the course page closely. Is YSJ generally not welcoming of international students? (I’m from South East Asia). Or is postgrad there just extremely competitive?
Kookoo153
Rep:
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I applied for a postgrad course last month and within 24 hours of application, I got rejected right away. Their only reason was that they were unable to make me an offer as my ‘completed and/or pending qualifications were insufficient for acceptance,’ I emailed them to ask what specific qualifications didn’t meet the requirements but they didn’t respond. I don’t understand, as I got offers from 3 London unis but not from YSJ. I also followed the entry requirements on the course page closely. Is YSJ generally not welcoming of international students? (I’m from South East Asia). Or is postgrad there just extremely competitive?
I’m assuming they might just be really competitive 🤷🏻*♀️ because from what I’ve seen they are very accepting to international students
LMB27
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
Hi, I've firmed my offer for YSJ and am hoping to be coming in September! I will be doing an English language and linguistics with TESOL course At the minute I study English language, Spanish and psychology.
annasun131
Badges: 0
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
Hi!I'll be a mature student (25) and studying Korean, TESOL, and Linguistics. Got my unconditional offer at Christmas so I'm very excited
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you done work experience at school/college?

Yes (146)
42.44%
Not yet, but I will soon (62)
18.02%
No (136)
39.53%

Watched Threads