The Student Room Group
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website

Official University of Southampton 2022 Applicant Thread

Hi! :hello:

This is the thread for people who are thinking of applying to University of Southampton for 2022!

Meet and chat to other people applying here.

Ice breaker questions:
What course are you applying for?
What subjects are you studying now?

You can find a big list of all the other applicant threads here :biggrin:

Scroll to see replies

Hello, I'm here because I just got a conditional offer for Maths and Computer Science. At the moment, I am studying Maths, Computer Science, Further Maths and Physics.

Edit: I thought I applied for Maths and Computer Science but I applied to Maths with Computer Science which is mostly maths. I’m pretty happy about that though because I prefer maths.
(edited 2 years ago)
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website
Economics L100

Economics, Maths, History

Requirements are AAB, how lenient are S'ton if i say got an offer for AAB, but ABB in the real exam?
Reply 3
I put my application for Computer Science MEng (G401) in on Saturday (23rd October) evening
I'm currently studying Maths, Further Maths, Physics, and Computer Science
I applied end of September for BSc Physics (might change to the 4 year Astro course when I’m there) and got an offer within a week of AAB or ABB with an A in EPQ. Looking to have it as my insurance choice. I’m studying Maths, Physics and Further Maths (did an EPQ last year). I’m also applying to Oxford, Imperial, UCL and Leicester.
Original post by vishisrini123
Economics L100

Economics, Maths, History

Requirements are AAB, how lenient are S'ton if i say got an offer for AAB, but ABB in the real exam?

From what I've read online, they are reasonably lenient so you could get the place if you're lucky. I wouldn't count on it though. Good luck in your A Levels.
Hi I’ve received a conditional offer for Environmental science Bsc (ABB) and take Biology, Chemistry and Geography at a-level :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by Alicecollins22
Hi I’ve received a conditional offer for Environmental science Bsc (ABB) and take Biology, Chemistry and Geography at a-level :smile:

You’ve got an offer already‽ Congrats!
Original post by geek_kid
You’ve got an offer already‽ Congrats!

Thanks haha somehow!
I have applied to study Oceanography! I am studying Biology, Chemistry and French at the moment and I did an EPQ last year.
Reply 10
Hey everyone,
Got a conditional the other day to study MMorse: AAA or AAB with A in EPQ or 2 in Step or 60% in MAT

I'm currently studying Maths, Further Maths and Physics

I'm also applying to MMath at Cambridge
Maths, Statistics and Business at LSE
MMath at Imperial
MMorse at Warwick
Original post by saad13
Hey everyone,
Got a conditional the other day to study MMorse: AAA or AAB with A in EPQ or 2 in Step or 60% in MAT

That looks amazing.
Reply 12
Original post by yesIAmACamel
That looks amazing.

Thank you! : )
Hi! I got an offer to study History and German at Southampton just last week. I'm currently doing History, German and English Lit for my A Levels. My offer was AAB with AB in History or German and I'm really pleased to have got an offer so soon! Good luck to everyone applying and congrats with your offers if you have them already!
Heya!! I'm Emily, and I'm applying for Games Design and Art (BA), studying Fine Art, Drama and English Lit right now.

The grade requirements are BBB, and I am predicted a ABB and hoping to get A*AB in my exams so hopefully (fingers crossed!), I will be able to secure an interview and an offer :smile:
Original post by emily_03
Heya!! I'm Emily, and I'm applying for Games Design and Art (BA), studying Fine Art, Drama and English Lit right now.

The grade requirements are BBB, and I am predicted a ABB and hoping to get A*AB in my exams so hopefully (fingers crossed!), I will be able to secure an interview and an offer :smile:

Goodluck! Have you submitted a portfolio for it?
Hey, I applied for geophysics on the 7th October and still haven't heard a response, should I be worrying? A lot of people seem to have had offers already.

Are there any other geophysics applicants here?
Original post by geek_kid
I put my application for Computer Science MEng (G401) in on Saturday (23rd October) evening
I'm currently studying Maths, Further Maths, Physics, and Computer Science

Got conditional offer at 9:30 this morning
Hiya! I applied for G100 Maths on the 7th of October I study Further maths, maths, economics and psychology with an EPQ

received an offer for AAB (A in maths) w an A in EPQ on 19/10 :smile:
Original post by areallygoodname
Hey, I applied for geophysics on the 7th October and still haven't heard a response, should I be worrying? A lot of people seem to have had offers already.

Are there any other geophysics applicants here?

Kind of in the same boat here. I applied on October 12th and I haven't heard anything either. So you're not alone on that one, I don't think we should worry yet, maybe it's different in the Earth and Ocean Science department

Quick Reply

Latest