The Student Room Group
UAL entrance
University of the Arts London
London
Visit website

Official University of the Arts London 2022 Applicant Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Hi! I received a conditional offer from Camberwell for BA illustration today. They interviewed me last Friday and I was so surprised to receive one so soon. It’s my first choice so I am definitely set on going there. Has anyone else heard anything from Camberwell or planning on doing the same course?
UAL entrance
University of the Arts London
London
Visit website
Hi I’m kiki :smile: I applied to Menswear at CSM and LCF and fashion design marketing at CSM , submitted my portfolio a while ago so just waiting on a response. Anyone heard back from any of those courses yet?
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by kikifraiku3
Hi I’m kiki :smile: I applied to Menswear at CSM and LCF and fashion design marketing at CSM , submitted my portfolio a while ago so just waiting on a response. Anyone heard back from any of those courses yet?

Hi kiki! I was wondering if you could help me, im trying to build my portfolio to do the level 3 foundation degree introduction to fashion at UCL. However - i've never done a portfolio and i'm really struggling on how to structure it and what to put in it, these are some of my ideas do you think their what UCL is looking for? x

Some of my ideas for it so far are:
Heroine chic and it's impact (including images of models and clothing from that time)
How fashion trends differ around the world
Extracts of my favourite fabrics
Trend forcasts for 2022
Fashion in kpop and the impact its had on the industry
Original post by PhoebeBatchelor
Hi kiki! I was wondering if you could help me, im trying to build my portfolio to do the level 3 foundation degree introduction to fashion at UCL. However - i've never done a portfolio and i'm really struggling on how to structure it and what to put in it, these are some of my ideas do you think their what UCL is looking for? x

Heroine chic and it's impact (including images of models and clothing from that time)
Trend forcasts for 2022

Hi ! Sounds good, I’d make sure to include your own garment pieces if you have made any :smile:
Original post by PhoebeBatchelor

Trend forcasts for 2022

hi! rather than kpop specifically, focus on the hallyu wave! that shows a wider grasp of the trends of fashion through a soft-power political movement and the spread of culture from the south into the west. you can mention kpop as the main contributor, but mentioning the political, economical and cultural phenomenon kpop drives, it demonstrates an a much deeper understanding.

hot take of mine that i mentioned in my personal statement (except from more of a business perspective) is that, although this opinion can seem extreme - i predict (forecasting is very very important within the industry btw) that through the continued globalisation of the world, the fashion epicentre will drift east towards south korea and hong kong from the western counterparts of france and italy. although their legacy certainly seems to live on, we see that trends are starting to originate from asian fashion. of course this is something you can research more yourself, but maybe link that it the possible idea of stereotypes towards the east ( ie made in china= asia) are starting to be perceived by the west in a more positive light. rather than viewing the east as merely a manufacturing plant in a production cycle, they are starting to view them as innovators (something they have always been, particularly the asian tigers [south korea, hong king, singapore, taiwan] post 1960s). you could link this to the hallyu wave again and how this may have aided that!

these are all just mere ideas of mine, but tell me if you need any help! some of these could be considered a stretch, but what i wrote was more of a brain storm than fully factual!

i hope it goes well! <333

if we both get it, let’s celebrate!!!
Original post by sabrineee
hi! rather than kpop specifically, focus on the hallyu wave! that shows a wider grasp of the trends of fashion through a soft-power political movement and the spread of culture from the south into the west. you can mention kpop as the main contributor, but mentioning the political, economical and cultural phenomenon kpop drives, it demonstrates an a much deeper understanding.

hot take of mine that i mentioned in my personal statement (except from more of a business perspective) is that, although this opinion can seem extreme - i predict (forecasting is very very important within the industry btw) that through the continued globalisation of the world, the fashion epicentre will drift east towards south korea and hong kong from the western counterparts of france and italy. although their legacy certainly seems to live on, we see that trends are starting to originate from asian fashion. of course this is something you can research more yourself, but maybe link that it the possible idea of stereotypes towards the east ( ie made in china= asia) are starting to be perceived by the west in a more positive light. rather than viewing the east as merely a manufacturing plant in a production cycle, they are starting to view them as innovators (something they have always been, particularly the asian tigers [south korea, hong king, singapore, taiwan] post 1960s). you could link this to the hallyu wave again and how this may have aided that!

these are all just mere ideas of mine, but tell me if you need any help! some of these could be considered a stretch, but what i wrote was more of a brain storm than fully factual!

i hope it goes well! <333

if we both get it, let’s celebrate!!!

I actually love you thank you so much for your help, this was super helpful!!
Hey all - I'm currently applying for the Film Practice course at UAL and was really hoping for some portfolio advice... if anyone is willing to share their portfolios with me I'd love to take a look!!

Good luck to all those applying
Reply 87
Original post by ELBONZ
Hey all - I'm currently applying for the Film Practice course at UAL and was really hoping for some portfolio advice... if anyone is willing to share their portfolios with me I'd love to take a look!!

Good luck to all those applying

hey i also applied to film practice ! my films are on my instagram @silkroadsceo if you want to take a look
Original post by sarj77
hey i also applied to film practice ! my films are on my instagram @silkroadsceo if you want to take a look

amazing i'll check them out in a bit! gave you a follow - i'm @elliebons.

thanks so much!!
Reply 89
hi ! my name is lottie and i have applied for BA graphic and media design at lcc. is anyone applying to be on this course or based there?

i submitted a portfolio at the beginning of december and i haven't heard back yet !!!
Reply 90
Original post by lottses
hi ! my name is lottie and i have applied for BA graphic and media design at lcc. is anyone applying to be on this course or based there?

i submitted a portfolio at the beginning of december and i haven't heard back yet !!!

hi, i applied for a course at LCC and submitted my portfolio at the end of november and also haven’t heard anything back. i think they’re most likely to get back to us after the holidays. also there’s an lcc groupchat on instagram let me know if you’re interested in joining :smile:
Reply 91
Original post by sarj77
hi, i applied for a course at LCC and submitted my portfolio at the end of november and also haven’t heard anything back. i think they’re most likely to get back to us after the holidays. also there’s an lcc groupchat on instagram let me know if you’re interested in joining :smile:

yeah i thought as much! it kind of eases my mind that i'm not the only one!!

joining the insta group would be cool if you could add me too it, my insta is lottses, (same as my user here)

thank you<3
Reply 92
Original post by lottses
yeah i thought as much! it kind of eases my mind that i'm not the only one!!

joining the insta group would be cool if you could add me too it, my insta is lottses, (same as my user here)

thank you<3

just added you !
Original post by -ornyx-
Hi! I received a conditional offer from Camberwell for BA illustration today. They interviewed me last Friday and I was so surprised to receive one so soon. It’s my first choice so I am definitely set on going there. Has anyone else heard anything from Camberwell or planning on doing the same course?

Hi! Congrats on the offer! I am hoping to go to the same course. Only sent my application in a few weeks ago though so I don’t think I will hear anything for a while. Did you do an interview in person??
Reply 94
I've applied for fashion marketing, anyone else?
Original post by Alice.r012
Hey!! Add me on insta, me and a few others who are applying at LCC created a group chat. I'm pretty sure someone there is also doing PR
My insta: _.dolly._p_

hi i’ve applied to LCC too! could you add me to the group chat? my instagram is: laurellja
Reply 96
Original post by Laurellja
hi i’ve applied to LCC too! could you add me to the group chat? my instagram is: laurellja

hey i just added you!
Original post by sarj77
hey i just added you!

thanks so much :smile:
hey! i’ve applied to lcc for media communications :smile: has anyone heard back? im so impatient lmao
Original post by kirbyxbell
hey! i’ve applied to lcc for media communications :smile: has anyone heard back? im so impatient lmao

I could be wrong but I feel like I heard some people in here talking about being accepted for LCC, not sure about the specific course though.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending