The Student Room Group
Norwich University of the Arts
Norwich

Official Norwich University of the Arts 2022 Applicant Thread

Hi! :hello:

This is the thread for people who are thinking of applying to Norwich University of the Arts for 2022!

Meet and chat to other people applying here.

Ice breaker questions:
What course are you applying for?
What subjects are you studying now?

You can find a big list of all the other applicant threads here :biggrin:
(edited 2 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Applied for Games Art and Design! Anyone else?^^

Currently in 12th grade STEM strand
Norwich University of the Arts
Norwich
Reply 2
Original post by krco
Applied for Games Art and Design! Anyone else?^^

Currently in 12th grade STEM strand

Hi! I'm applying for Games Art and Design too! (::
Reply 3
I'm also applying for Games Art and Design :smile: I'm currently concentrating on assembling my portfolio for my other uni choices but have been sent the request from NUA as well so will get around to that soon depending on how offers for my other places go.

At the moment I'm studying A-Level Music, Art and French ^^
Reply 4
Glad to see others applying for Games Art and Design too!! Might even meet future classmates :biggrin:

I just received a conditional offer for the course yesterday! Im so excited!! The only condition listed on mine was my IELTS results. I just sent the results so I hope Ill hear back after the holidays :smile: ><
Reply 5
Original post by krco
Glad to see others applying for Games Art and Design too!! Might even meet future classmates :biggrin:

I just received a conditional offer for the course yesterday! Im so excited!! The only condition listed on mine was my IELTS results. I just sent the results so I hope Ill hear back after the holidays :smile: ><

oh my god thats amazing! Congrats, I'm so happy for you!! Are you hoping to attend?
Reply 6
Original post by emily_03
oh my god thats amazing! Congrats, I'm so happy for you!! Are you hoping to attend?

Thank you so much and yep! I’ll be firming NUA and making Staffordshire University my insurance choice!
Original post by krco

aa congrats! I'm going to be studying Animation at NUA :smile:
Reply 8
Got an unconditional place for the Game Art course. Still not sure if I'll accept it or not because I'm waiting on two other universities. Looks nice though :smile:
Reply 9
hii!
i will be studying the fine art (4 year) course!
I am currently studying art, psychology and classics :smile:
Reply 10
Original post by befl
hii!
i will be studying the fine art (4 year) course!
I am currently studying art, psychology and classics :smile:

Classics as in Classical Civilization? I studied that.
God bless you if you have to do those exams. I'm lucky I didn't
Reply 11
Original post by Nevica
Classics as in Classical Civilization? I studied that.
God bless you if you have to do those exams. I'm lucky I didn't

yuppp, classical civilisation. i used to love it at gcse but not anymore haha
Reply 12
Original post by befl
yuppp, classical civilisation. i used to love it at gcse but not anymore haha

What modules you doing?
We did Love and Relationships, Imperial Image and World of the Hero (Odyssey + Aeneid)

I loved it, but only because my teacher was an absolute legend. If I’d had a normal teacher I’d have been bored out of my mind. He took us to Rome for a week in February 2020 (just before Covid) and that really got me into the subject.

In the end I got a B, which I was pretty happy with, if I’d actually sat the exams I’d have failed because there was WAY too much stuff to learn for an A Level. I hope you do alright in them, if they’re held this year, I don’t envy you :frown:
Reply 13
Original post by krco

Hi, just recently got my unconditional offer for the Games Art and Design course, can't wait to start in September. Also like you say its pretty cool potentially meeting classmates 👀
Reply 14
Also if anyone is interested I was thinking we could make a discord server for NUA applicants to chill and message and stuff. Personally I know I use discord mainly to message and chat to people so if people would like we could make a server for this.
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 15
Original post by Oddysh
Hi, just recently got my unconditional offer for the Games Art and Design course, can't wait to start in September. Also like you say its pretty cool potentially meeting classmates 👀

Congrats on the offer! I got an unconditional one too.

I’m currently waiting on Hertfordshire to respond to my portfolio but given how competitive that course is I don’t think I’ll end up going there so will almost certainly end up at Norwich. Not that that’s a bad thing, Norwich looks awesome!

It’s nice to meet other successful applicants this early on. :smile:
Reply 16
Original post by Oddysh
Also if anyone is interested I was thinking we could make a discord server for NUA applicants to chill and message and stuff. Personally I know I use discord mainly to message and chat to people so if people would like we could make a server for this.

I think that’s awesome Id love to join in! My place is already confirmed at NUA, itd be great to hang out with yall before uni starts 😎
Reply 17
Original post by Oddysh

If you do this, sign me up. Discord is great
Reply 18
Original post by Oddysh

YESSS!!! this is such a good idea!!
Reply 19
Original post by Nevica
What modules you doing?
We did Love and Relationships, Imperial Image and World of the Hero (Odyssey + Aeneid)

I loved it, but only because my teacher was an absolute legend. If I’d had a normal teacher I’d have been bored out of my mind. He took us to Rome for a week in February 2020 (just before Covid) and that really got me into the subject.

In the end I got a B, which I was pretty happy with, if I’d actually sat the exams I’d have failed because there was WAY too much stuff to learn for an A Level. I hope you do alright in them, if they’re held this year, I don’t envy you :frown:

if i remember correctly, im doing world of the hero (odyssey and aeneid as well!), invention of the barbarian and politics of the late republic. i wish i could've done love and relationships!!

unfortunately the teacher i had last year left my school so now i have two different ones which has kinda affected how much i love the subject but at least we only have a few months left i guess! we also went on a trip to italy during year 11 as i did the GCSE course and i think thats what spurred me to continue with it!

i dont rly have that much faith in the a-level exams as obviously theres been so much disruption in the past few years, hopefully it won't affect university! what other a-levels did you do?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending