Ninjaman321
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I wish to study marine biology due to a talk with my guidance teacher and I’m applying to Heriot watt, Edinburgh Napier, Glasgow, UHI, Aberdeen.

I also come from a Low income family and I’m from a SIMD 40% area and My school is on the leaps program

If I get:
Higher Chemistry B
Higher Human Biology A
Higher Maths B
Higher Geography B
Higher English B

How likely am I to be accepted with these grades?

I already have a B in higher computing science from 5th year.
BlackLab
Badges: 14
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 weeks ago
I would email each of the university admissions for the department you are interested in and ask, also try asking on each of the universities forums 2022 applications threads on here as some of the Universities have representives that could also give you some advice (privately through PM if you prefer). I have found both very helpful.
NellyCormack04
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Ninjaman321)
I wish to study marine biology due to a talk with my guidance teacher and I’m applying to Heriot watt, Edinburgh Napier, Glasgow, UHI, Aberdeen.

I also come from a Low income family and I’m from a SIMD 40% area and My school is on the leaps program

If I get:
Higher Chemistry B
Higher Human Biology A
Higher Maths B
Higher Geography B
Higher English B

How likely am I to be accepted with these grades?

I already have a B in higher computing science from 5th year.
Hiya mate, one of my pals study marine biology at Aberdeen and I'd be happy to ask them any questions u may have : ) So your saying you got 1 higher in s5 sitting and in your s6 year you are doing 5 highers? Personally I say if you do achieve those exact grades you'll be completely fine trying to get into a uni. However, I do believe you are most likely going to be getting conditional offers. Make your personal statement strong and grind to get your wanted grades and I'm sure you'll be more than comfortable getting into University.

** My friend got into Aberdeen with less than the entry requirements : )
justlearning1469
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 3 weeks ago
'So your saying you got 1 higher in s5 sitting and in your s6 year you are doing 5 highers?'
I mean that is a S5 workload, but hey he might have the qualifications for university.

'However, I do believe you are most likely going to be getting conditional offers.'
For successful applications to Glasgow, S6 applicants usually have AAAAA.
The OP could have ABBBBB.

'Make your personal statement strong and grind to get your wanted grades and I'm sure you'll be more than comfortable getting into University.'
Minimum requirements are minimums for a reason.
There will be other applicants with more than enough grades in S5, with strong extracurriculars, going to apply as well.
NellyCormack04
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by justlearning1469)
'So your saying you got 1 higher in s5 sitting and in your s6 year you are doing 5 highers?'
I mean that is a S5 workload, but hey he might have the qualifications for university.

'However, I do believe you are most likely going to be getting conditional offers.'
For successful applications to Glasgow, S6 applicants usually have AAAAA.
The OP could have ABBBBB.

'Make your personal statement strong and grind to get your wanted grades and I'm sure you'll be more than comfortable getting into University.'
Minimum requirements are minimums for a reason.
There will be other applicants with more than enough grades in S5, with strong extracurriculars, going to apply as well
Haha! Very clever. Not everyone gets the grades they need in s5 and therefore do more - it's really not that deep. Someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed.
justlearning1469
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by NellyCormack04)
Haha! Very clever. Not everyone gets the grades they need in s5 and therefore do more - it's really not that deep. Someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed.
'Not everyone gets the grades they need in s5 and therefore do more - it's really not that deep.'
True. Though even if you do get the required grades, you probably won't get in due to the competition.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you give consent for uni's to contact your parent/trusted person in a mental health crisis?

Yes - my parent/carer (137)
33.83%
Yes - a trusted person (107)
26.42%
No (109)
26.91%
I'm not sure (52)
12.84%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed