The Student Room Group

Cut up

Have you ever entered a road when it was unsafe to do so, ever cut someone up or just caused someone to brake because of you’re bad judgement? And if you have, do you also feel like you’re the absolute worst driver after?
Yeah, most people have ballsed up a little while driving at some point or other. Hopefully, if you haven't caused injury or had a crash, the person then has a think about what they did wrong and will be more aware in future.

Don't beat yourself up, but, do reflect on the situation and what you should do next time etc etc.

Buggering up your gear changes on a roundabout, rather than just staying in gear and changing when you come off..... then stalling in a busy stream of rush hour traffic was not my finest hour :colondollar:
Reply 2
Original post by Grim_Squeaker
Yeah, most people have ballsed up a little while driving at some point or other. Hopefully, if you haven't caused injury or had a crash, the person then has a think about what they did wrong and will be more aware in future.

Don't beat yourself up, but, do reflect on the situation and what you should do next time etc etc.

Buggering up your gear changes on a roundabout, rather than just staying in gear and changing when you come off..... then stalling in a busy stream of rush hour traffic was not my finest hour :colondollar:

Did you ever take chances in the beginning when driving, for example when entering roundabouts. Not driving out hoping cars will stop, I mean driving out on a reasonable gap that can be to small and may cause the other car to brake?
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by Hysmad
Did you ever take chances in the beginning when driving, for example when entering roundabouts. Not driving out hoping cars will stop, I mean driving out on a reasonable gap that can be to small and may cause the other car to brake?

I tend to be a cautious driver. Even when I first started driving, I was never dangerous or anything like that.

It's more that experience as a driver makes you better able to judge when to pull out, change lane, take the roundabout etc and when you are new to it you can make errors that stem from taking those risks unwittingly.
Reply 4
I tend to be a cautious driver. Even when I first started driving, I was never dangerous or anything like that.

It's more that experience as a driver makes you better able to judge when to pull out, change lane, take the roundabout etc and when you are new to it you can make errors that stem from taking those risks unwittingly.

Oh okay thanks for the answers, greatly appreciated!
Reply 5

Oh okay thanks for the answers, greatly appreciated!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending