A-level Choices

Watch this thread
princesscharli3
Badges: 16
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
I am looking at studying these courses at A-level:
A-level Law
BTEC Level 3 Public Services
WJEC Level 3 Criminology

Would these courses be good for someone interested in going into the police force? I am not going to university but looking at a degree apprenticeship as I can earn whilst I learn and gain experience. The degree apprenticeship needs the equivalent to 2 A-levels at a passing grade. Would this be ok?
Tatt123
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by princesscharli3)
A-level Law
WJEC Level 3 Criminology

Would these courses be good for someone interested in going into the police force? I am not going to university but looking at a degree apprenticeship as I can earn whilst I learn and gain experience. The degree apprenticeship needs the equivalent to 2 A-levels at a passing grade. Would this be ok?
I’m not sure if this is helpful but I’m currently studying law and WJEC criminology and my current criminology teacher AND law teacher both came from the police force and it seems like it would give you good background knowledge for the police force. Especially criminology one of the units focussed a lot on police (crime scene to courtroom )
princesscharli3
Rep:
(Original post by Tatt123)
I’m not sure if this is helpful but I’m currently studying law and WJEC criminology and my current criminology teacher AND law teacher both came from the police force and it seems like it would give you good background knowledge for the police force. Especially criminology one of the units focussed a lot on police (crime scene to courtroom )
Thank you so much!
McGinger
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 7 months ago
Doing all of Public Services, Law and Crim is a bit pointless as there is far too much overlap, AND the Crim Diploma is pretty much a waste of time as its a daft welsh exam board diploma with limited academic credibility. You will also probably get very bored and long for something that isnt related to 'going into the police'.
princesscharli3
Rep:
(Original post by McGinger)
Doing all of Public Services, Law and Crim is a bit pointless as there is far too much overlap, AND the Crim Diploma is pretty much a waste of time as its a daft welsh exam board diploma with limited academic credibility. You will also probably get very bored and long for something that isnt related to 'going into the police'.
You said something like this on Philomin post a few days ago. Do you rlly think I’ll get bored? Is that a problem you’re having? You’re making me question my choices lollll x
CaptainCaptcha
Badges: 6
Rep:
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by princesscharli3)
A-level Law
WJEC Level 3 Criminology

The Police don't care as much about you subject choice at school, they care far more about your overall grades, Uni education and work experience.

Think you'll be fine, you'll be around a bunch of professional kids and you'll just blend in and do ok.

You have all the help you'll need to feel like you're welcome and included, and you'll fit in straight away.

But don't be surprised if when you actually get there, you feel a bit out of place and worried that your right to feel safe and accepted is no longer a right.

Mabel is right.

You are beautiful just the way you are.

What a perfect opportunity to learn about love and self acceptance!

If you feel intimidated or scared or out of place, you will receive the support you need and you'll make lots of new friends who love you just the way you are.

We have a lot of work ahead of us, you and me, to be gentle with ourselves, to accept and celebrate who we are, and who we can be.

You may cry.

You may hate what you see when you look in the mirror.

You may be shocked and disappointed and scared by your body.

You may wonder what you did wrong.

You will feel scared and alone
princesscharli3
Rep:
(Original post by CaptainCaptcha)
The Police don't care as much about you subject choice at school, they care far more about your overall grades, Uni education and work experience.

Think you'll be fine, you'll be around a bunch of professional kids and you'll just blend in and do ok.

You have all the help you'll need to feel like you're welcome and included, and you'll fit in straight away.

But don't be surprised if when you actually get there, you feel a bit out of place and worried that your right to feel safe and accepted is no longer a right.

Mabel is right.

You are beautiful just the way you are.

What a perfect opportunity to learn about love and self acceptance!

If you feel intimidated or scared or out of place, you will receive the support you need and you'll make lots of new friends who love you just the way you are.

We have a lot of work ahead of us, you and me, to be gentle with ourselves, to accept and celebrate who we are, and who we can be.

You may cry.

You may hate what you see when you look in the mirror.

You may be shocked and disappointed and scared by your body.

You may wonder what you did wrong.

You will feel scared and alone
What??? 🤣🤣
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Were exams easier or harder than you expected?

Easier (44)
26.67%
As I expected (53)
32.12%
Harder (61)
36.97%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (7)
4.24%

Watched Threads