Should I apply to this uni?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
So I'm applying to 5 UK unis and have received one offer so far. But enough about that - one thing I need to decide is whether or not to apply to a uni in Japan - Hokkaido University. Their MJSP program is pretty much all I want in a course, with a strong Japanese language element and studying social sciences and humanities. However, they've got pretty bad rankings and their personal statement needed is a whopping 2000 words. I don't know if I really want to apply - my parents don't want me to due to the rankings, but I am also really interested in Japan and its culture, history, and society, and am pretty much enamored by the course. What do I do?
Anonymous #1
(Original post by jacksonsmith1)
Hi i am also thinkingof applying for studiying abroad.Are u consulting an agency? if yes which one
Not applying through an agency, no.
Anonymous #1
Just started my application by paying and I feel instant regret because of the amount of work it wants to put me and my teachers through. Should I just ignore this, put it behind me, and waste the money?
obi624
Badges: 1
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Just started my application by paying and I feel instant regret because of the amount of work it wants to put me and my teachers through. Should I just ignore this, put it behind me, and waste the money?
No
Your teachers' jobs are to deal with applications to university, don't feel regret because your teachers have to write one additional reference on top of the other 30 from their other students.
Contact your college's admissions advisor or whoever is most involved in normal UCAS applications and ask them to gather and verify any documents that you are unable to do yourself.
They would undoubtedly have dealt with international applications before as they might see hundreds of students' applications each year.
If you have a lot of trouble with the application and it takes longer than expected, the university will likely have multiple application windows so you can just apply later.

Contact me if you want any additional help or information about your application if you decide to go through with doing it.
Complete your application, you will regret wasting the opportunity if you don't.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you give consent for uni's to contact your parent/trusted person in a mental health crisis?

Yes - my parent/carer (102)
34.34%
Yes - a trusted person (85)
28.62%
No (78)
26.26%
I'm not sure (32)
10.77%

Watched Threads