The Student Room Group

Downing College 2022 A100 Medicine Applicants

Hi! I'm applying for Medicine at Downing College for 2022 entry. Anyone also applying? :u:

Scroll to see replies

Hello there, i'm down for Downing too.
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by parthenocarpy
Hello there, i'm a down for Downing too.

Hiii! Good luck!
Reply 3
Guys do you think loads applied for downing med this year? Cuz last year over 140 applied. I really hope less applied this year!!!
Reply 4
Original post by Sun.h
Guys do you think loads applied for downing med this year? Cuz last year over 140 applied. I really hope less applied this year!!!

I hope so too!
Reply 5
Anyone here anxiously waiting for Downing to send out invitations? :frown:
Reply 6
Original post by z.cre
Anyone here anxiously waiting for Downing to send out invitations? :frown:

Yes i am SO SCARED think last yr they took a week from bmat results day to give offers out
Reply 7
Original post by Sun.h
Yes i am SO SCARED think last yr they took a week from bmat results day to give offers out

OMG WTH should I email to ask
Reply 8
Original post by z.cre
OMG WTH should I email to ask

I’m guessing it was because last year they had a huge increase in application. And if u do end up emailing please share their response!! Out of interest, were u able to sit the bmat properly?
Reply 9
Original post by Sun.h
I’m guessing it was because last year they had a huge increase in application. And if u do end up emailing please share their response!! Out of interest, were u able to sit the bmat properly?

Yes cuz I am an international applicant! Do you happen to know the interview dates for medicine applicants last year?
Reply 10
Original post by z.cre
Yes cuz I am an international applicant! Do you happen to know the interview dates for medicine applicants last year?

Ahh! Same but i sat in uk so i was locked up for 4 hours :/ i found last year’s interview spreadsheet and it ranged from 10-15th if I recall correctly !!
Reply 11
Original post by Sun.h
Ahh! Same but i sat in uk so i was locked up for 4 hours :/ i found last year’s interview spreadsheet and it ranged from 10-15th if I recall correctly !!

Thank you! So you are also an international applicant?
Reply 12
Original post by z.cre
Thank you! So you are also an international applicant?

Yes !!
Reply 13
Original post by Sun.h
Yes !!

Where are you from? I am Chinese but I had my education in Singapore.
Reply 14
Original post by z.cre
Where are you from? I am Chinese but I had my education in Singapore.

Korea but i studied in uk for 6-7 yrs
Reply 15
Original post by Sun.h
Korea but i studied in uk for 6-7 yrs

Ohh good luck to both of us :>
Reply 16
Original post by z.cre
Ohh good luck to both of us :>

Good luck !!!
Yea, i haven't heard back from Downing myself, however, they do get a lot of applicants to comb through, so im not surprised. Panicking seems to be the only option.
Home applicant.
Reply 18
Original post by parthenocarpy
Yea, i haven't heard back from Downing myself, however, they do get a lot of applicants to comb through, so im not surprised. Panicking seems to be the only option.
Home applicant.

All the best!
Reply 19
I just saw on reddit last year an international applicant got an interview w bmat scores 5,6,3A hope we hear back soon!!

Quick Reply

Latest