A* in A Level Literature- how to get an A* in OCR A2 Literature

Watch
sciencegcsesss
Badges: 14
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
Hi all,

I am a Year 12 student studying OCR A Level English Literature and I have created this to try and and gain insight on how to achieve an A* in A Level Literature as well as how you access academic work/further reading.

My course: for the drama & poetry section we are studying Ibsen and Rossetti, the Gothic (Dracula and the Bloody Chamber but the latter could change), the Tempest and for coursework we study A Streetcar named Desire and Purple Hibiscus - but all advice or just telling me about your experience is very welcome!!!!!!
So far, we have studied Ibsen and Rossetti in the first half term and are going to move on to the Gothic (Dracula and the Bloody Chamber - but TBC could change based on what my teacher wants to teach) after the holidays.

Also I was just wondering in the OCR comparative drama & poetry section do students have to link the core texts to other texts or just critics’ analysis?

Finally, let me know whether a thread like this already exists and/or whether this is better in the English forum.

Thank you
miwalsh20a
Badges: 7
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 2 months ago
I do edexecl and I do rossetti for my poetry exam and streetcar named desire for one of my drama. I also do tess of the durbervilles, wuthering heights, Othello and poems of the decade. Any help on the two we have in common would be greatly appreciated!!
sciencegcsesss
Rep:
Bump
mollyecp
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 2 months ago
I'm doing OCR too. We're studying the Duchess of Malfi and Paradise Lost, and the gothic like you (Dracula), and then Othello later on. Some of the texts are still a bit up in the air.
sciencegcsesss
Rep:
(Original post by mollyecp)
I'm doing OCR too. We're studying the Duchess of Malfi and Paradise Lost, and the gothic like you (Dracula), and then Othello later on. Some of the texts are still a bit up in the air.
Ooooo nice!
alevelenglish
Badges: 4
Rep:
Report 2 months ago
Hi! I do The duchess of malfi and Rossetti, as well as Hamlet for drama and poetry - Frankenstein and the bloody chamber for the gothic section. As for coursework we also do streetcar. if anyone has any revision advice to boost a grade from C's to A's that would be appreciated
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

When did you submit your Ucas application if you applied to go to university this year?

September 2021 (29)
7%
October 2021 (191)
46.14%
November 2021 (42)
10.14%
December 2021 (54)
13.04%
January 2021 (45)
10.87%
I still haven't submitted it yet! (39)
9.42%