The Student Room Group

Why do white men prefer east Asian over south Asian women?

What attracts you more to them?
Often it is because east asian culture is less religious than south asian.
Sometimes elements of appearance like physiognomy or skin tone play a significant role too.
Of course, there are many caucasian guys that are not attracted to asians at all.
Just as there are many asians girls that are not attracted to other races.
I don't prefer them. Weird assumptions to make about people you don't even know.
No clue why that would happen at all. I don't prefer either. There aren't the best stereotypes and examples of white guys who date east asian chicks anyway, especially pertaining to historical context like war crimes. For that alone I'm put off frankly.
(edited 2 years ago)
Lack of good South Asian representation on the media.

There was the girl from "Never have I ever" but she was portrayed as rude. Shannon Singh, I think the first ever brown girl on Love Island, got kicked out by the producers first.
Also because racism against Brown people is more normalised than it should be. Coming from a POC. South Asian girls are just as attractive.
I also think it's that the cultural and religious clash is likely to be more profound. Half of them are Muslim majority countries and Islamically women can't be with non-Muslim men + Islam is so engrained in a culture/country's identity. Why set your preferences on something more likely to never work or something far from the comfort of your own beliefs and customs?

Demographic, proximity, socio-economics, ideology all take part in attraction and preferences.
In comparison East Asian culture, religion isn't the centre of life. There's flexibility and it seems like religion is historical decoration to most tbh
Original post by Anonymous
What attracts you more to them?

Because white men see Asian women as feminine and cultured. They are principled, intelligent and generally kind. Same with Asian men, they principled, well mannered, have integrity and intelligent. These are good attributes to being a mother or father. Have you ever seen principled south asian, black, middle eastern. Sure, they are out there but they are not easy to find.
Im east asian and the guy im seeing is white, kinda wanna ask him this question lol
Original post by Htx_x346
Shut the **** up.

Im only being truthful, how many south Asians pretend to be religious only to smoke weed on the weekends and get into regular fights?
Places with South Asians, Middle estearn and African neighbourhoods generally have lower prices, higher crime rates, loud noises and many kids. Does this seem like being respectful and principled? You have eyes, you be the judge yourself
Original post by HappyZeneca
Im only being truthful, how many south Asians pretend to be religious only to smoke weed on the weekends and get into regular fights?
Places with South Asians, Middle estearn and African neighbourhoods generally have lower prices, higher crime rates, loud noises and many kids. Does this seem like being respectful and principled? You have eyes, you be the judge yourself

You're being racist. I don't want to argue with you since you can't even spell Eastern right. Fun fact of the day but Indian or Pakistani households have the highest net property wealth in Britain, so I don't know what you're on about when you say they're "not intelligent". See ya
Original post by Htx_x346
You're being racist. I don't want to argue with you since you can't even spell Eastern right. Fun fact of the day but Indian or Pakistani households have the highest net property wealth in Britain, so I don't know what you're on about when you say they're "not intelligent". See ya

He didnt say they arent intelligent but just because they have expensive properties doesnt mean they are intelligent

Original post by HappyZeneca

This is true to a degree, I have seen this for myself
Why are there so many threads comparing the dating and relationship dynamic between two distinct groups of people? This seems like a cheap way to cause an easy controversy within these threads…
(edited 2 years ago)
East Asian girls are seen as feminine, cute and petite. It’s probably because most East Asian girls aren’t feminists in the same way that white women are. The average white girl is probably more feminist than the average East Asian girl. Most men are simply turned off by feminists regardless of demographics. Majority of the guys that call themselves feminists are usually either gay or know that calling themselves feminists will make them more attractive to women on average. I’m making huge generalizations here but they’re true for the most part
I'm a South Asian girl, I think it's probably down to the white men preference whether he prefers south asian women to East Asian women aesthetically, but I think generally speaking, East Asian women are a lot sexier.
Like if you go on a night out East Asian women are more likely to be wearing sexier outfits and flirting than conservative South Asian women. Probably more of a turn on for a lot of men.

Quick Reply

Latest