The Student Room Group

I feel immense pressure to go out clubbing this weekend

I am 21 and ive been going out since I’ve been 16 and simply feel as tho I’m over it. The thought of clubbing all night really makes me feel ill.

I am meant to be going out with a friend Halloween and she has nobody else to go out with she’s been going through a hard time lately splitting up with her boyfriend and family issues.

I really don’t feel like going out. I have work the following day and don’t want to be hungover. Above all I am trying to make positive lifestyle changes including going to the gym and focusing on building my business and alcohol contradicts this. I would much rather spend the night in with my boyfriend or even go for a meal with my friend and a few drinks but she says she really needs to go out clubbing to take her mind off things.

I want to be there for her but I always feel like I’m forcing myself to go out, spending £100 each time when I don’t want to and then waking up poorly, regretting it and falling off track with my lifestyle changes due to being hungover.

I get called boring if I don’t go out or that I just want to spend time with my boyfriend instead when thats not the case! I would happily do anything other than getting drunk. I just feel as though I’m over the clubbing scene and I dread it when I have plans to go clubbing.

Any advice what I should do. This situation has been giving me anxiety.
Original post by Anonymous
I am 21 and ive been going out since I’ve been 16 and simply feel as tho I’m over it. The thought of clubbing all night really makes me feel ill.

I am meant to be going out with a friend Halloween and she has nobody else to go out with she’s been going through a hard time lately splitting up with her boyfriend and family issues.

I really don’t feel like going out. I have work the following day and don’t want to be hungover. Above all I am trying to make positive lifestyle changes including going to the gym and focusing on building my business and alcohol contradicts this. I would much rather spend the night in with my boyfriend or even go for a meal with my friend and a few drinks but she says she really needs to go out clubbing to take her mind off things.

I want to be there for her but I always feel like I’m forcing myself to go out, spending £100 each time when I don’t want to and then waking up poorly, regretting it and falling off track with my lifestyle changes due to being hungover.

I get called boring if I don’t go out or that I just want to spend time with my boyfriend instead when thats not the case! I would happily do anything other than getting drunk. I just feel as though I’m over the clubbing scene and I dread it when I have plans to go clubbing.

Any advice what I should do. This situation has been giving me anxiety.

Well I don’t rlly go out at night w my friends if I can avoid it bc I have rlly bad anxiety of being raped or something so I’m probably not the best person to answer this but oh well!! Anyways back to u, so u can say something like “I don’t rlly want to go clubbing can we just chill on the sofa with a couple glasses of wine and watch movies or something or let her vent to you. If that doesn’t work then I’d just make up an excuse like sorry I’ve got work first thing in the morning and I can’t afford to be hungover or something like that. Or tell her ur sick 🤒. But try to be honest w her first if she’s really ur friend she should understand and not make u come with her but u just don’t know w some people 🤷*♀️
If she's a real friend, she'll understand if you don't want to.
Reply 3
Original post by annabelle16
Well I don’t rlly go out at night w my friends if I can avoid it bc I have rlly bad anxiety of being raped or something so I’m probably not the best person to answer this but oh well!! Anyways back to u, so u can say something like “I don’t rlly want to go clubbing can we just chill on the sofa with a couple glasses of wine and watch movies or something or let her vent to you. If that doesn’t work then I’d just make up an excuse like sorry I’ve got work first thing in the morning and I can’t afford to be hungover or something like that. Or tell her ur sick 🤒. But try to be honest w her first if she’s really ur friend she should understand and not make u come with her but u just don’t know w some people 🤷*♀️

I fully understand people not wanting to go out and people don't always behave well but assuming you'll get raped is a but if an over reaction, if you enjoy going out you shouldn't be put off x
You shouldn't do anything that you feel pressured to do. If you don't want to go, don't. I know it's easier said than done but trust me, you'll be grateful to yourself for being able to make that decision. Your other plans sound fun too and very responsible - you should be proud of yourself (:
If she is a real friend, she will understand <3
Don't let people peer pressure you into doing things you don't want to do.

You don't even need to give reasons, just say 'no, don't want to.'

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending