The Student Room Group

Mixing bleach, flash cleaning wipes and activated charcoal?

Hey guys,

I was cleaning my shower and neat bleached it and wiped it off with flash anti bac wipes. I then turned the shower on to steam it out.

Now the whole flat smells like a swimming pool. I read somewhere that activated charcoal gets rid of the smell, so i poured some in the shower and turned the shower on again, the charcoal product i used has these ingredients: Calcium Carbonate, Charcoal Powder, Dicalcium Phosphate Dihydrate, Magnesium Carbonate, Tetrasodium Pyrophosphate, Allantoin, Glycerin, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Erythritol, Disodium EDTA, Sidium Saccharin, Menthol, Copper Sodium Chlorophyllin, Sodium Benzoate.

Are these all safe with bleach? I did it all without thinking and now I’m worried i’ve poisoned my flat
You shouldn't mix bleach with water or other cleaners because it can cause chloroform gas, and especially never mix bleach with anything that contains ammonia or any acidic products as this can potentially be fatal.

I can't say whether the specific ingredients in the activated charcoal are dangerous to mix with bleach, unfortunately. Best to open any/all windows and go outside for a bit to give it a chance to air out.

Not sure if this might be helpful? Maybe check what's in the flash wipes as well to be safe
https://draxe.com/health/dangers-of-bleach/
Reply 2
Just air it out and try not to reenact the battle of the somme in your bathroom again next time.
Original poster hasn’t responded after 3 days. I think we have the answer to his question…

Quick Reply

Latest