The Student Room Group

Help me pick my 5th choice

I am a US high school senior and I'm almost done my UCAS application, but still need to decide my 5th uni choice. I'm currently applying to Uni of Edinburgh, Manchester, Bristol, and Essex. I'm also applying to the Uni of St Andrews joint degree thing which is on the common app. I'm studying politics and international relations and feel that I have a pretty strong application. I also am looking for unis in somewhat of a city area or close to a city. I want to study in a place with a lot things to do and a good music scene. If anyone has any recommendations into what I should look into, I would really appreciate it!
Original post by moose_juice
I am a US high school senior and I'm almost done my UCAS application, but still need to decide my 5th uni choice. I'm currently applying to Uni of Edinburgh, Manchester, Bristol, and Essex. I'm also applying to the Uni of St Andrews joint degree thing which is on the common app. I'm studying politics and international relations and feel that I have a pretty strong application. I also am looking for unis in somewhat of a city area or close to a city. I want to study in a place with a lot things to do and a good music scene. If anyone has any recommendations into what I should look into, I would really appreciate it!

Maybe you could look into some of the London unis? They tend to have higher entry requirements, but you might be interested in LSE or UCL?
Other places to look at could be York, Warwick, Nottingham or Leeds?
Bath - beautiful historic city and highly ranked Uni : https://www.bath.ac.uk/courses/undergraduate-2022/politics/ - watch the video at the bottom of the page.
Original post by moose_juice

St Andrews is quiet - not a city and deffo no music scene. You are a journey into Dundee, from St Andrews, for that …. St Andrews is pretty much only Golf and the Uni.
Glasgow would be your best bet for a cracking music scene in Scotland.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending