The Student Room Group

interview help

can y'all help me? i got an online interview soon and i was wondering if y'all had any practice and any tips? it's a sixth form entrance interview, so do let me know!
Do you know what type of question they will ask you?
I'm assuming questions like:

Why should we accept you?
You'll need to sell yourself. What are your strengths? Are you organised? Give an example of what techniques you use to be organised. What about extra-curriculars? Have you read about what clubs the sixth form offers? Which ones would you be looking at joining? What about competitions? Did you receive any awards or certificates in your last school? Do teachers praise you a lot about certain things? Use them to back up your answers.

Why did you choose this sixth form?
Was it the location? Was it the community? Was it the subject they offer? What makes them stand out among other sixth forms? Hm do you have any siblings that already go there? What have you heard from current or former students at that sixth form?

Yeah that's all I've got at the moment. Maybe get in touch with one of the current students there and ask about tips on how you should prepare maybe?
Original post by KA_P
Do you know what type of question they will ask you?
I'm assuming questions like:

Why should we accept you?
You'll need to sell yourself. What are your strengths? Are you organised? Give an example of what techniques you use to be organised. What about extra-curriculars? Have you read about what clubs the sixth form offers? Which ones would you be looking at joining? What about competitions? Did you receive any awards or certificates in your last school? Do teachers praise you a lot about certain things? Use them to back up your answers.

Why did you choose this sixth form?
Was it the location? Was it the community? Was it the subject they offer? What makes them stand out among other sixth forms? Hm do you have any siblings that already go there? What have you heard from current or former students at that sixth form?

Yeah that's all I've got at the moment. Maybe get in touch with one of the current students there and ask about tips on how you should prepare maybe?

thank you so so much! i love you (:
Original post by therealtara

: ) Happy to help! Good luck and hope you get in.
Original post by KA_P
: ) Happy to help! Good luck and hope you get in.

thank you!!

Is this a Private school?

A state school can't use an interview as part of the selection process - they'll only ask about subject choices etc.
Original post by Muttley79
Is this a Private school?

A state school can't use an interview as part of the selection process - they'll only ask about subject choices etc.

yes it;s private
make notes
yes it;s private

Have you done an entrance test?

Read the news ...
Original post by Muttley79
Have you done an entrance test?

Read the news ...

i have, yeah, and I got called for an interview.

will do, thanks!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending