selugawi
Badges: 14
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Does anyone know any good resources to help me get better at the mechanics topic in physics? Specifically the stuff about moments, pivots, centre of mass, that kind of thing.

I understand the logic behind it, however when it comes to the slightly more complicated questions (like when its more complicated than just using or rearranging the moments = distance x force equation) I just have no idea where to even begin. I tried revising using the CPG revision guide, and I thought it really helped, I could easily answer all the questions that were in it, but then we had an exam with questions that seemed a million times harder and I had no idea.

Also, do we study these parts of mechanics in a-level maths (the moments stuff and all that)? Does it usually become easier after we learn it twice?
Sm.c11
Badges: 12
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
Hey! I suggest going over the mechanics units in maths, and just practicing a lot in general. They always make the mechanics questions very difficult, and while you probably know all of the basic stuff in the book, it wont be enough. Going over it twice does make sure that you havent left out anything, tho.
Good luck!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (33)
9.85%
Okay (97)
28.96%
A bit lacking (122)
36.42%
Not good at all (83)
24.78%

Watched Threads