How many times have you been late for school?

Watch
RainbowShine123
Badges: 12
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I think the title is clear enough. I know this question has been asked before but the thread is quite old so decided to make my own instead. And also, did you end up getting caught or being in trouble?
tantania
Badges: 14
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 weeks ago
gosh i've been late so many times but i just sign in at reception and then go to lessons! In secondary school i don't really get into trouble, the teachers assume you have a reason when you walk in late if its like over 5 mins late so I just sit down and join the lesson
RainbowShine123
Rep:
Year 7: I don't think I was ever late. All my medical appointments were either in the school holidays or I would get collected during the school day.

Year 8: I was late twice but it was due to medical appointments.

Year 9: I was late once or twice but again due to medical appointments.

Year 10: I was late twice but it was due to heavy traffic (and yes I did leave the house on time)

Year 11: At the moment I have been late three times. Once was due to traffic, once was because the buses were absolute chaos and then one of the buses went on diversion and I got lost and I had to wait for someone to come and find me to take me to school (thankfully I had the What3Words app so I could give an approximate location to my mum who then called for someone to come and get me) and once was due to a medical appointment.
RainbowShine123
Rep:
In primary school I was late quite a few times but mainly due to medical appointments.
kolme
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
I'm only ever late because of buses being late - can't do anything about it. This happens all the time, but I've never been late to my own fault
hungrysalamander
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
I've only been late when the tube was delayed but I don't keep track of the number of times I was late.
saifkiddan
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
you can ask me how many times have you been on time for school .Because i cant remember how many times i have been late and punished
RainbowShine123
Rep:
There was a girl in my primary school who lived across the road from the school and she was almost always late but then there was another girl who lived about an hour away but always turned up on time except for one time due to a vehicle accident on the motorway.
LFGG2234
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
Hmm Im rarely ever late, and the times I am, teacher/lectureres really don't care to be honest.
Maybe a sarcastic joke but they are not going to shout at you. This isn't the strict 70s anymore.

Not sure about your situation but you might have a reception where you get handed a late pass or something to that extent to show your 'lateness' to your proffessor when they ask for it, if they do...

I think I only be genuilely late less then 3 times in my life due to my part on being lazy/tired and not giving a F about the time.
However the rest of the times where I was late, was due to just unseen events such as late transport etc. Not much you can do, and theres no point in stressing over it.

Just don't make it a habit of being late.
jack456789
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
i was 'late' maybe 3/4 of the days of the school week when i was at school. got absolutely hammered. still came out with top grades in the entire year.
LFGG2234
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by jack456789)
i was 'late' maybe 3/4 of the days of the school week when i was at school. got absolutely hammered. still came out with top grades in the entire year.
Highschool is piss to get good grades if you put minimum effort in though.
I knew a lot of kids that fcked around and got good grades.
Icosagon
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
In my school, if you're late twice in a week, you get a lunchtime detention
jack456789
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by LFGG2234)
Highschool is piss to get good grades if you put minimum effort in though.
I knew a lot of kids that fcked around and got good grades.
yea and it was pointless in my case anyway. o yea btw what would u consider good grades
Last edited by jack456789; 4 weeks ago
CosmicApathy1
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
In year 9, 10 & 11 I was late pretty much every day. Year 10 and 11 I didn't even go to the detentions lol.
Little pecker
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
My school attendance rate was 60% ish

Honestly lateness n school was so dumb, real world doesn’t operate that way. No one cares as long as you get your stuff done.
black tea
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
Once, in primary school when my dad was taking me to school and forget to bring my school bag so we had to go back. I didn't get in trouble; my dad did.
LFGG2234
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Little pecker)

Honestly lateness n school was so dumb, real world doesn’t operate that way. No one cares as long as you get your stuff done.
Imma say the complete opposite and state that being on time does MATTER in corporate/jobs.

Sure maybe not in a crap school with sh1tty standards like yours (60% really?)
idk what school you went to, but kids that showed up late out of bad habit and had no genuine excuses got kicked out for lack of respect and effort on their end. Was rare, and I can only remember 3 kids that actually got expelled for being constantly late.

If any of my employees showed up constantly late to my job, they are getting booted for being dis-respectful first and foremost, and most importantly not being a reliable individual.
Can't waste time running around chasing people that don't show up on time for important work in the first place. Better to boot and hire people that actually put minimum effort at the very least in being present.
Last edited by LFGG2234; 4 weeks ago
mnot
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
Not often, had to get a bus which generally arrived far too early, occasionally it would have a mechanical issue or bad weather so once or twice a term.
IBkidinthecorner
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
I slept through the first 45 mins of an online bio lesson during my last year of school lol (circa Jan 2021). My teacher was very concerned
Last edited by IBkidinthecorner; 4 weeks ago
hungrysalamander
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Little pecker)

Don't work in East Asia
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you give consent for uni's to contact your parent/trusted person in a mental health crisis?

Yes - my parent/carer (137)
33.74%
Yes - a trusted person (107)
26.35%
No (110)
27.09%
I'm not sure (52)
12.81%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise