So what's the best movie you've ever seen?

Watch
NaBaCe
Badges: 8
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
whats number 1 for you?
frenchie_
Badges: 16
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
I would say either the secret life of walter mitty, or the truman show
Pegasus25
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by NaBaCe)
whats number 1 for you?
Possibly Dune (2021). I recently watched it and imo it is a perfect film, but that is because I am biased as I have read the novels. If not that then Inception.
Clearly I don't have a definite answer.
flamingolover
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Donnie darko
Ximim
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
I am a big fan of Marvel movies
Sabertooth
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Inglourious basterds or Mrs. Doubtfire. Not very different!
Sabertooth
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Pegasus25)
Possibly Dune (2021). I recently watched it and imo it is a perfect film, but that is because I am biased as I have read the novels. If not that then Inception.
Clearly I don't have a definite answer.
Fo'real? Dune was ok but best movie of all time? No way.
Pegasus25
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Sabertooth)
Fo'real? Dune was ok but best movie of all time? No way.
As someone who loved the book, it was quite possibly the most faithful adaption of any book I have seen. The film was beautiful, the music was great (as always with Hans Zimmer) and the cast was excellent. The only fault I could think of was that it ended half way through the book so they could flesh out the book more overall.
It wasn't a cliche story. It involves politics, economics, science, religion and culture. Certainly more thought provoking than most marvel films these days. In my view a large percentage of films today are just forgettable and boring. I am sure that Dune will stick with me for some time. The reviews are also generally excellent for the film.
That is just my opinion though and obviously people have different tastes, so I can see why you may not like it.
Wired_1800
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
My list:

The Godfather
Goodfellas
Great Gatsby
Scarface
Hustle and Flow
The Social Network
Goodwill hunting
American Psycho
Sabertooth
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Pegasus25)
As someone who loved the book, it was quite possibly the most faithful adaption of any book I have seen. The film was beautiful, the music was great (as always with Hans Zimmer) and the cast was excellent. The only fault I could think of was that it ended half way through the book so they could flesh out the book more overall.
It wasn't a cliche story. It involves politics, economics, science, religion and culture. Certainly more thought provoking than most marvel films these days. In my view a large percentage of films today are just forgettable and boring. I am sure that Dune will stick with me for some time. The reviews are also generally excellent for the film.
That is just my opinion though and obviously people have different tastes, so I can see why you may not like it.
Thanks for the explanation.

I guess when there's a book adaption it can go one of two ways - either great or awful so I'm glad to hear you think it lived up to the level of the book. It reminded me a lot of Star Wars. I don't know if that's a good thing or not.
jacksonsmith1
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Free guy
stillcrying
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Edge of Tomorrow is a heck of a lot of fun to watch.
michaelhw
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
I have always been very impressed by Friedkin's The French Connection. I am not sure if it is "the best movie ever", if there is such a thing.
Surnia
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
The Princess Bride, All About Eve and The Ladykillers (Alec Guinness version).
mondays child
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
Probably The Lives of Others, a German film set in the time before the wall came down.
Violet5567
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
birds of prey and any movie that has Robin Williams in
future_11
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
joker
MrTomBrady
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 3 weeks ago
The Shawshank Redemption
The Godfather I-II
Goodfellas
Mystic River
Amadeus
No Country for Old Men
The Big Lebowsky
Kallisto
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by NaBaCe)
whats number 1 for you?
In terms of the making and the hidden messages and elements the film has, it is the South Korean masterpiece Parasite!
Sabertooth
Rep:
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Kallisto)
In terms of the making and the hidden messages and elements the film has, it is the South Korean masterpiece Parasite!
I love South Korean movies but haven't tried Parasite. I'll check it out.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (28)
9.59%
Okay (86)
29.45%
A bit lacking (106)
36.3%
Not good at all (72)
24.66%

Watched Threads