Can I still apply to kcl business even if I don't meet their English requirement?

Watch
ibismylife
Badges: 10
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I study ib, not a-level. And I take English B SL.

On the uni website, it says that the requirement for English for business and management is either English B 7 or IELTS 7.0 with minimum 6.5 from each sections.

Then here is the point.
- I definitely can't get 7 from English B. (I think i can get maximum 6 or minimum 5.)
- For the IELTS score, 7.0 is pretty hard to get as my current grade is 6.0 overall. (only speaking is 6.5 and others are like 5.5 or something)

I know, in general, I should be able to meet these english requirement as otherwise I will struggle with uni life in the future. So, possibly, I will be able to get 7.0 before the uni entrance, which is september in 2022.

However, i probably won't be able to get it before the ucas deadline, as my english is not good enough now.

Do you think they're going to reject me if I get 6 from sl english b with no submission of ielts score (cuz it doesn't meet) but meet their standard requirement? (this is about the case if i got 38 or 39 overall)

Their standard requirement is 35 with 766 from HLs including ee and tok.

What do you think?
alma_beu
Badges: 11
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
For a school like kings, because of how competitive it is I’d say applying if you don’t reach the requirements is a waste of time.

Most people who get accepted have higher grades than entry. E.g. for business and management the typical grades were 39, 766.
alma_beu
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
If you can get your IELTS higher then still apply
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (26)
9.96%
Okay (77)
29.5%
A bit lacking (96)
36.78%
Not good at all (62)
23.75%

Watched Threads