cyberclouds
Badges: 9
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
i will be starting the ib next year and i need help choosing which maths to do.

i want to go to kings college for medicine in uni and will be taking biology, chemistry and english A for HL as maths isn’t needed for HL.

however, i know there are two different math routes- AA or AI (either of which i would do at SL) but i don’t know which one to choose. i’m predicted a grade 7 at gcse now.
ibismylife
Badges: 10
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
In general, AA is meant to be harder than AI as AA is for the students who aim to study either science or maths degree. Although, lse may require maths AA HL for economics. (Don't know check it if needed.) I'm not sure if medicine really doesn't require maths AA HL though. Apart form Kings, did you research other unis?

In my school, no one takes maths AA SL as it is pointless. So if your uni doesn't require AA, then AI sl is recommended. But again, it depends on your suitability. so go to the syllabus of them and see how they are different.

Good luck!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (21)
8.71%
Okay (70)
29.05%
A bit lacking (90)
37.34%
Not good at all (60)
24.9%

Watched Threads