The Student Room Group

Edinburgh, Glasgow, Durham, KCL, Manchester Uni for Bsc Business management

Hi, I am an international student from Thailand. Soon, I will send all of my applications to my agency and the listed universities above for my bachelor’s programme for business management. If I got an offered, which one should I choose? I don’t know much about how prestigious of each uni so it would be great if you advised me or from the British perspective of each uni. Also, which one is the most well-known one from both uk and overseas. Thank you so much :wink:
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by Paphon
Hi, I am an international student from Thailand. Soon, I will send all of my applications to my agency and the listed universities above for my bachelor’s programme for business management. If I got an offered, which one should I choose? I don’t know much about how prestigious of each uni so it would be great if you advised me or from the British perspective of each uni. Also, which one is the most well-known one from both uk and overseas. Thank you so much :wink:

Edinburgh uni is one of the top unis and very prestigious and id try that out. Pros- city is small, everything gets familiar, nightlife is 50/50 depends on the day of the week- if you are looking for wild nightlife 24/7 consider london- its craazy. , edin is safer,

Kcl - london is huuuge and way more fun than edin in my opinion, london is way more expensive though in terms of transport, the restaurants are amazing, i would say you’d have the most fun if you went there. Plus its a good prestige uni again.

Manchester i dont know much about but its all up to you, but KCL and EDIN are top then id say Manchester last
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by Paphon

In both UK and overseas combined, Edinburgh and KCL are the most well-known and prestigious universities. They are followed by Manchester and then Durham.
Reply 3
Original post by anacio
Edinburgh uni is one of the top unis and very prestigious and id try that out. Pros- city is small, everything gets familiar, nightlife is 50/50 depends on the day of the week- if you are looking for wild nightlife 24/7 consider london- its craazy. , edin is safer,

Kcl - london is huuuge and way more fun than edin in my opinion, london is way more expensive though in terms of transport, the restaurants are amazing, i would say you’d have the most fun if you went there. Plus its a good prestige uni again.

Manchester i dont know much about but its all up to you, but KCL and EDIN are top then id say Manchester last

Thx for the answer. But I wonder, in terms of business management, which one is better? I heard that KCL are good for medicine and science, how about Edin and Glasgow?
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by anacio

Thx for the answers. How’s about Glasgow uni?
Reply 5
Original post by Paphon
Thx for the answer. But I wonder, in terms of business management, which one is better? I heard that KCL are good for medicine and science, how about Edin and Glasgow?

Theres some websites that show you the unis ranked if you search best unis for ~wanted subjects~ In the uk, you’ll find a rank of unis but either way if youre applying in UCAS and have 5 choices then any uni is good at the end of the day, unless you got an offer from all of them then id worry about which one is better than the other,

The ranking is more like how good the teaching is and student satisfaction but at the end of the day a degree is a degree and it would be really good at any of the above, and everyone will have a different opinion so i think researching and balancing out things is your best bet for judging which one is best.

You have to consider your budget, and what type of city you like as well, if youre gonna hate it there and not do any research on where youre going then there would be no point.

Kcl is central london which is loud and busy and you’d most likely have to take some sort of transport, but that isn't a bad thing. London is beautiful, many restaurants and you never get bored, nights out are so fun specially china town and soho, when i visited it was full of life everyone was happy and honestly i would say you’d get the best experience there (personal oppinion) i would say £1,000 a month roughly to live there.

Edin and others are up in scotland and edinburgh is a small city which can still be full of life but its more relaxed, they dont use underground, only trams and buses. It can get boring pretty fast if you are a person that is out every day, unless you decide to travel out of edinburgh. But its safer than london because there are not as many people, its more relaxed and quieter. I would say nearly the same price as london maybe less 900-1,000£

Do close research and try to limit your costs as much as possible because i think both edin and london are just as expensive, but sometimes if you find accommodation that is a walk away from your uni that means no paying for transport, and that would be a huge help and should be considered.

Think about the kind of vibe you want out of your experience and so close research and go with what you feel like would work best for you! Goodluck!
Try to not get stuck on which is the best for your subject because i did too but i ended up going with a uni i never thought id consider because its in a completely different city. And at the end of the day thats what suited me the best in terms of accom, uni, aesthetics, food, price, transport. Overall, my advice is try considering everything unless you get an offer for all of them

Quick Reply