The Student Room Group

Advice on texting a girl

So we're friends, and basically I just want to know how I can have longer conversations with her. Like what sort of things should I ask her or say, I'm not very funny so saying amusing things never works but I don't want it to be too serious. But I just want to get to know her better and for her to get to know me better. Also I don't want her to think I have a crush on her, well I do a tiny bit, but I more just want to be friends

I've thought about asking her if she wants to do anything together outside of school but I'm too scared to and i'm a bit shy lol

ps we've both just turned 18 if that helps

Scroll to see replies

Any advice would be really appreciated :smile:
Original post by ben010
So we're friends, and basically I just want to know how I can have longer conversations with her. Like what sort of things should I ask her or say, I'm not very funny so saying amusing things never works but I don't want it to be too serious. But I just want to get to know her better and for her to get to know me better. Also I don't want her to think I have a crush on her, well I do a tiny bit, but I more just want to be friends

I've thought about asking her if she wants to do anything together outside of school but I'm too scared to and i'm a bit shy lol

Hey, I feel you cuz I'm in the same situation you are in; although, I don't have much to say to you because I'm baffled as well.

But, know that you are not alone cuz I'm in ALMOST the same exact situation as you are which is crazy.
Original post by M4gn3ticMach1ne
Hey, I feel you cuz I'm in the same situation you are in; although, I don't have much to say to you because I'm baffled as well.

But, know that you are not alone cuz I'm in ALMOST the same exact situation as you are which is crazy.

Hey, no way that is crazy! Well good luck to you, hope it turns out alright. Let's just hope there's someone who can give us some advice!!
(edited 2 years ago)
well with my ex things were a bit awkward at first so we played 20 questions. so you have 20 questions to just ask what you want. we done this and i quickly learnt so much about him and we actually lost track of how many questions we asked but we texted all night lmao hope this helps either of you and you can always ask for more advice :biggrin:
Original post by hey yall
well with my ex things were a bit awkward at first so we played 20 questions. so you have 20 questions to just ask what you want. we done this and i quickly learnt so much about him and we actually lost track of how many questions we asked but we texted all night lmao hope this helps either of you and you can always ask for more advice :biggrin:

Yh this sounds fun! what sort of things did you two ask? and like after you did this what sort of things did you text about? Thank you!
Original post by ben010
Yh this sounds fun! what sort of things did you two ask? and like after you did this what sort of things did you text about? Thank you!

well i asked his fave colour, drink, book, when he started liking me cos we were going out then, how he was what colour undies he was wearing *yes i know weird but tbh we were a weird couple*, where he lived, just stuff i wantd to know yk
looking through them and i sound really weird bahahah
oh we pissed about like i kept asking how much he knew about astrophysology or whatever *his fave book* and he was a curious person anyway so asked qs like my fave book and why, my fav colour and why it was always a why plus conversation just happened, it wasnt really planned
well i asked his fave colour, drink, book, when he started liking me cos we were going out then, how he was what colour undies he was wearing *yes i know weird but tbh we were a weird couple*, where he lived, just stuff i wantd to know yk
looking through them and i sound really weird bahahah
oh we pissed about like i kept asking how much he knew about astrophysology or whatever *his fave book* and he was a curious person anyway so asked qs like my fave book and why, my fav colour and why it was always a why plus conversation just happened, it wasnt really planned

Maybe a bit weird but it sounds like you had fun! I probably won't ask her some of those as we are just friends but I think i just need to relax a bit and not think so hard about what I say. But you've been a great help
Original post by ben010
Maybe a bit weird but it sounds like you had fun! I probably won't ask her some of those as we are just friends but I think i just need to relax a bit and not think so hard about what I say. But you've been a great help

lmao yh i just asked what i wanted to know so try not get yourself worked up on whether its ok to ask or something. you can always cover it up by saying dont mean to pry, offend etc
ah thats great to hear thanks!
Original post by ben010

Ahh it must be nerve-wracking for you, but I think you should go for it! Ask her to hang out when you're both free and do something fun like visiting the arcade or having something to eat out, that way it'll help both of you get closer as friends. As for texting, you can keep it as casual as you'd like, say good mornings, and goodnights, ask her how she's been, if you have something in common, try to interweave that in between conversations so it'll keep the convo going on for longer, but try not to drag it out for too long otherwise you'll end up running out of things to talk about with her. Try not to stress yourself out when texting, just go with the flow. I hope it works out well! Good luck, let us know how it goes. (:
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by SameStudent
message her this

tally ho my fine saucy young trollop, get on over here with some sexy attire and you'll be staring at my bedroom ceiling from now till christmas you lucky tart.

ps woof woof...

Original post by Yumi.Suzuru
Ahh it must be nerve-wracking for you, but I think you should go for it! Ask her to hang out when you're both free and do something fun like visiting the arcade or having something to eat out, that way it'll help both of you get closer as friends. As for texting, you can keep it as casual as you'd like, say good mornings, and goodnights, ask her how she's been, if you have something in common, try to interweave that in between conversations so it'll keep the convo going on for longer, but try not to drag it out for too long otherwise you'll end up running out of things to talk about with her. Try not to stress yourself out when texting, just go with the flow. I hope it works out well! Good luck, let us know how it goes. (:

I would love to hang out with her but I don't really know if she would, so I don't want to ask her and for her to feel she has to say yes just because she doesn't want to hurt my feelings by saying no, when she actually doesn't want to hang out. But I'm probably overthinking it lol! But thanks for your other advice.
Original post by ben010
I would love to hang out with her but I don't really know if she would, so I don't want to ask her and for her to feel she has to say yes just because she doesn't want to hurt my feelings by saying no, when she actually doesn't want to hang out. But I'm probably overthinking it lol! But thanks for your other advice.

do you guys have any mutual friends? if you do you could invite the gang along and ask her that way she wont feel uncomfortable because its with people she knows and might feel less pressured because youll still be able to go out with them
message her this

tally ho my fine saucy young trollop, get on over here with some sexy attire and you'll be staring at my bedroom ceiling from now till christmas you lucky tart.

ps woof woof...

I really do hope this is a joke. And I won't be asking her this, sounds incredibly degrading tbh and I'm more interested in talking to her quite honestly
do you guys have any mutual friends? if you do you could invite the gang along and ask her that way she wont feel uncomfortable because its with people she knows and might feel less pressured because youll still be able to go out with them

I don't think we do, I don't really know any of friends that well and vice versa. I kinda wished we did actually then it'd be a lot easier
Original post by ben010
I really do hope this is a joke. And I won't be asking her this, sounds incredibly degrading tbh and I'm more interested in talking to her quite honestly

enjoy being friendzoned.

there was nothing degrading about that message, which was no joke . i have used it my self many times with success.
Original post by ben010
I don't think we do, I don't really know any of friends that well and vice versa. I kinda wished we did actually then it'd be a lot easier

ah well im not too sure :redface:

enjoy being friendzoned.

there was nothing degrading about that message, which was no joke . i have used it my self many times with success.

there are more polite ways to ask someone to a date instead of calling them a tart and asking to **** them all night. even the hormonal boys in my year know better than that
enjoy being friendzoned.

I only want to be her friend at the moment. And it is degrading, it's saying I'm only interested in you cause I want to sleep with you and if you're wearing something sexy and not because of your personality or intellect. And calling a woman a 'tart' is just rude, in my opinion anyway.
Original post by ben010

Just be yourself bro, if she doesn’t appreciate you for who you are then she’s not the one for you.
Original post by 2 sides of 3
Just be yourself bro, if she doesn’t appreciate you for who you are then she’s not the one for you.

ok youre amazing and i love that

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending