Lucasfrost._
Badges: 4
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
So I’ve been in university for just over a month now and I’ve just continued to get more and more unhappy in the current living space I am in, I don’t get on with any of my flatmates as we have nothing in common and they’re not really the party type whereas I like going out often etc. and it’s getting to the point now where I think I’m beginning to suffer mentally as I just don’t want to leave my room to go to the kitchen etc. I have put in a request to move flats however the uni came back saying there isn’t any availability even though I know there’s spaces in a few of my mates flats. I really don’t know what to do now, and I’m looking at dropping out more and more everyday as I know I won’t be happy here and my mental and physical health will suffer because of it. Any advice on what I could do? I only live 10 minutes down the road so could go back home for the majority of the week but I’d still have to pay the full accomodation fee.
anacio
Badges: 5
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
I mean- if it makes you feel better to stay at your parents house then you should do it and also know that you can have the comfort of your own accom whenever you want to,

Similarly u can just eat at your parents house instead if you are so close and continue living there,
Have you guys even tried creating a bond where you have a accom groupchat etc? Because even if they dont like partying ,theres more to a person than that, im sure they dont want their time there being hell either. No one does, and plus you dont have to be best friends for this to go to plan, just being able to communicate.

Id just have a very honest chat about this with them, and tell them what about them bothers you? either way Im kinda confused how them not having the same interests is causing so much stress :confused: ?? Communication is key
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (32)
9.73%
Okay (97)
29.48%
A bit lacking (119)
36.17%
Not good at all (81)
24.62%

Watched Threads