The Student Room Group

Do these courses match up well with each other?

Hi
I need to write a personal statment for these courses but I need to ensure that they are similar and that my personal statment can be written accordingly - i aim to get as many offers as possible obviously
My grades are AAA in maths chemistry and physics and I'll be doing my EPQ next year

LSE - BSc Management AAA
Bath - BSc economics AAA with A in epq
Bristol - BSc economics and management AAA
QMUL - BSc economics AAA (not sure about this)??
Royal Holloway - BSc Economics and management AAB-ABB??
Reading - BSc Economics and econometrics ABB (Not sure about this) OR BSc maths and econ ABC ??????

I need to apply ASAP and I'm really struggling with my personal statment...
Reply 1
Also, Should I consider Birmingham uni too ???! it's also AAA
Original post by nikki28
Hi
I need to write a personal statment for these courses but I need to ensure that they are similar and that my personal statment can be written accordingly - i aim to get as many offers as possible obviously
My grades are AAA in maths chemistry and physics and I'll be doing my EPQ next year

LSE - BSc Management AAA
Bath - BSc economics AAA with A in epq
Bristol - BSc economics and management AAA
QMUL - BSc economics AAA (not sure about this)??
Royal Holloway - BSc Economics and management AAB-ABB??
Reading - BSc Economics and econometrics ABB (Not sure about this) OR BSc maths and econ ABC ??????

I need to apply ASAP and I'm really struggling with my personal statment...

You have months before the deadline ... no rush
Reply 3
no i need to get my grades up because i need to focus more on my current subjects - i dont want to wait till then
Management is very different from Economics, and so is the study of Mathematics (which tends to be theoretical and proof based).

Unless your PS is only focusing on management, forget about LSE. They put a lot of weight on your PS.

You need to decide what course you want to do, because they're all too broad. Economics and Management has nothing in common with Economics and Maths apart from the Economics. And since they're both double Honours, you'd need to have a fairly even split between the two subjects. Economics and Economics you can get away with having an Economics & maths PS, or just an Economics PS - but maybe add in some appreciation of statistics etc
Reply 5
Original post by econhelp525
Management is very different from Economics, and so is the study of Mathematics (which tends to be theoretical and proof based).

Unless your PS is only focusing on management, forget about LSE. They put a lot of weight on your PS.

You need to decide what course you want to do, because they're all too broad. Economics and Management has nothing in common with Economics and Maths apart from the Economics. And since they're both double Honours, you'd need to have a fairly even split between the two subjects. Economics and Economics you can get away with having an Economics & maths PS, or just an Economics PS - but maybe add in some appreciation of statistics etc

o shoot, what do i do?
I really don't know what to do..
Reply 6
how do people write statements for BSc economics and management then?
Original post by nikki28
how do people write statements for BSc economics and management then?

Simple solution would be to focus your PS on areas of microeconomics (IO, market structures, game theory, producer theory, etc) that are closest to management/business economics.
Reply 8
hmmm, i think it's safest to just stick to economics and drop LSE

thank you for your quick and useful responses - i appreciate it...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending