You actually need quite a high IQ to understand squid games

Watch
HappyZeneca
Badges: 6
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
The series is real thought provoking. Has a lot of frame bending, like when they were asked to pair up to play a survival game of marbles. Ofcourse most commonly people would think of to choose the best partner. Then they revealed that they would be playing against each other for survival. Which is good frame bend. Then there was one korean guy who chose his best friend an indian guy, the korean guy says to him 'You've never played this before right?', he replied 'no'. The makes you think that inevitably the Indian guy is going to lose and be killed because hes a beginner. Then just before they begin to play, the indian guy asks the guard to switch opponents. Seemingly to make you think he wants to save his own life, since he is a beginner. The korean guy angrily says 'no, we play' seemingly because he knows he will win against a beginner. They end up playing and reveal their hands of marbles. The indian guy actually won the game, this maybe because he was lying about being a novice, or he infact cheated. Either way, he initially asked to change opponents because he didn't want his best friend to be killed. While his best friend wanted to save himself, and this clearly shows in teh faces of the actors in how they chose a villian type look for the korean guy and a more docile look for the Indian guy.

Pretty thought provoking if you ask me, i would say you need atleast IQ of 120 to be able to understand the series comprehensively.
Last edited by HappyZeneca; 1 month ago
ROTL94
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
Oh, it's become the new Rick and Morty, oh joy.
Itsmikeysfault
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
You're definitely a GCSE English teacher
Satori Tendō
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
No, Ali didn't lie about being a novice nor did he cheat. After Sang-woo asked him if he knew how to play marbles and he didn't, they decided to just do a simple betting and guessing game instead.

Also, it also takes a much lower IQ to remember names you hear multiple times
HappyZeneca
Rep:
(Original post by Itsmikeysfault)
Calm down mate, its auto correct when i type fast
HappyZeneca
Rep:
(Original post by Satori Tendō)
No, Ali didn't lie about being a novice nor did he cheat. After Sang-woo asked him if he knew how to play marbles and he didn't, they decided to just do a simple betting and guessing game instead.

I dont remember the names, because that was my first encounter of squid games. I didnt really care for teh details was just interested in what most people were banging on about. But its pretty good
HappyZeneca
Rep:

I dont remember the names, because that was my first encounter of squid games. I didnt really care for teh details was just interested in what most people were banging on about. But its pretty good
Itsmikeysfault
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by HappyZeneca)
Calm down mate, its auto correct when i type fast
I'm not talking about your grammar. I'm talking about the waffle I just read. The only people capable of that amount of waffle are English teachers.
HappyZeneca
Rep:

Jesus your IQ is very low if you think that, it seems that you dont have understanding of human dynamics. Sang woo actually betrayed Ali. Look here:

Thats why i said, not everyone will understand squid games, it takes a certain level of intelligence
Last edited by HappyZeneca; 1 month ago
Satori Tendō
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Jesus your IQ is very low if you think that, it seems that you dont have understanding of human dynamics. Sang woo actually betrayed Ali. Look here:

Thats why i said, not everyone will understand squid games, it takes a certain level of intelligence
I'm dizzy trying to understand what you got out of my comment to come to this misunderstanding?

My original reply refers to when they first got the marbles. Ali did not know how to play a Korean game of marbles so they opted to guess and bet on odds or evens. Ali was winning that game not because he was cheating or pretending to be a novice (like you suggested) because it was simply a game of chance.

It's only after that, Sang-woo decided that since he was losing the betting game, he would lie and manipulate Ali into wasting time like in that clip.

Idk if you even read what I wrote but sure yeah my IQ is low, thanks
Last edited by Satori Tendō; 1 month ago
summerbirdreads
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Itsmikeysfault)
Lang or Lit?
summerbirdreads
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Guess I won't watch it since I'm dumb
0ptics
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Why do people take Netflix shows this seriously? Just enjoy the show, no need to make a thread about it.
PossiblyNotGod
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
OP don't breed pls
0ptics
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by summerbirdreads)
Lang or Lit?
…don’t they teach both? As far as I’m aware (which would be zero to none).
summerbirdreads
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by 0ptics)
…don’t they teach both? As far as I’m aware (which would be zero to none).
Yeah but I swear to god my English teacher waffled way more in Lit class than Lang. Also in some schools they're different ig
Itsmikeysfault
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by summerbirdreads)
Lang or Lit?
100% lit. This person has had decades of experience from over-analysing poetry
Han Seojun
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
The series is real thought provoking. Has a lot of frame bending, like when they were asked to pair up to play a survival game of marbles. Ofcourse most commonly people would think of to choose the best partner. Then they revealed that they would be playing against each other for survival. Which is good frame bend. Then there was one korean guy who chose his best friend an indian guy, the korean guy says to him 'You've never played this before right?', he replied 'no'. The makes you think that inevitably the Indian guy is going to lose and be killed because hes a beginner. Then just before they begin to play, the indian guy asks the guard to switch opponents. Seemingly to make you think he wants to save his own life, since he is a beginner. The korean guy angrily says 'no, we play' seemingly because he knows he will win against a beginner. They end up playing and reveal their hands of marbles. The indian guy actually won the game, this maybe because he was lying about being a novice, or he infact cheated. Either way, he initially asked to change opponents because he didn't want his best friend to be killed. While his best friend wanted to save himself, and this clearly shows in teh faces of the actors in how they chose a villian type look for the korean guy and a more docile look for the Indian guy.

Pretty thought provoking if you ask me, i would say you need atleast IQ of 120 to be able to understand the series comprehensively.
Anyone with some brain cells can understand Squid Game, best series I've watched though, Squid Game is better than Goblin, True Beauty, Itaewon class.
sufys12
Rep:
Report 1 month ago

No. It wouldn't be this popular if it took a high level of intelligence to understand.
Foxehh
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 1 month ago

Nah. But the fact that you think this is incredibly thought provoking implies a thing or two about your own IQ.
Last edited by Foxehh; 1 month ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (17)
8.9%
Okay (57)
29.84%
A bit lacking (67)
35.08%
Not good at all (50)
26.18%

Watched Threads