The Student Room Group

Jury awards $10M to former exec who said he was fired because he is white male

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by ThomH97
Unusual could be a minority in society, or within their company, or within their applicants.

Why do you keep jumping to extremes? I'm sure you are aware that's grossly misrepresenting what I have said.

I imagine most minorities would take exception to being called 'unusual'.
That is literally what you said. If you dont want people to interpret it that way then dont say it like that.
Original post by Napp
I imagine most minorities would take exception to being called 'unusual'.
That is literally what you said. If you dont want people to interpret it that way then dont say it like that.

Are you going to address my actual arguments, or just continue to strawman me and otherwise try to wander off on a tangent? This started with you misinterpreting 'consider' as 'hire' and then despite me correcting you, you continuing to misinterpret what I've said.
Original post by Joleee
mmm i disagree that it's an interesting article. lols doesn't even tell us how or why the appellant won his case. does nbcnews not have a journalist who is experienced in reporting civil trials. or maybe the facts of the decision doesn't matter anymore so long as there's clickbait and the decision excites readers political identity cuz let's face it, most readers don't read too much into it.

According to the other similar news I have read, most of those reverse discrimination things were done by white bosses.
Reply 43
Original post by ThomH97
Are you going to address my actual arguments, or just continue to strawman me and otherwise try to wander off on a tangent? This started with you misinterpreting 'consider' as 'hire' and then despite me correcting you, you continuing to misinterpret what I've said.

You made an argument...? Outside of saying raCISM IS GOOD IN THE WORK PLACE I HAVENT SEEN ONE.
nO I READ IT AS WRITTEN,. IT MAKES NO DIFFERENCE TO THE POINT THOUGH. yOU THINMK PEOPLE SHOULD HAVE AN UNFAIR ADVANTAGE BECAUSE OF SKIN COLOUR, IT DOESNT MATTER IOF THATS IN HIRING OR GETTING THEIR FOOT IN THE DOOR AND TO BE HONEST, ITS EITHER WILFUL IGNORANCE ON YOUR PART IF YOU DONT SEE HOW THATS A PROBLEM OR YOU SIMPLY APPROVE OF RAcism regardless...
Original post by Napp
You made an argument...? Outside of saying raCISM IS GOOD IN THE WORK PLACE I HAVENT SEEN ONE.
nO I READ IT AS WRITTEN,. IT MAKES NO DIFFERENCE TO THE POINT THOUGH. yOU THINMK PEOPLE SHOULD HAVE AN UNFAIR ADVANTAGE BECAUSE OF SKIN COLOUR, IT DOESNT MATTER IOF THATS IN HIRING OR GETTING THEIR FOOT IN THE DOOR AND TO BE HONEST, ITS EITHER WILFUL IGNORANCE ON YOUR PART IF YOU DONT SEE HOW THATS A PROBLEM OR YOU SIMPLY APPROVE OF RAcism regardless...

Even now, you claim to read what I say as written, immediately after claiming I've said that racism is good in the workplace.
Reply 45
Original post by ThomH97
Even now, you claim to read what I say as written, immediately after claiming I've said that racism is good in the workplace.

You said people should be given interviews//considered based on the colour of their skin.. that is literally the definition of racism. I'm not sure how you can even deny that you've proposed a racist idea?

Quick Reply

Latest