Insurance after speeding ticket

Watch
Allias Cody
Badges: 7
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
i got a speeding ticket today. 2 months into my current insurance term that i have payed out for the full year. Once i inform my insurance that i now have 3 points on my license, will my insurance go up straight away, meaning i need to do another payment to reflect the added risk, or once my insurance is up for renewal next year?
martin7
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Allias Cody)
i got a speeding ticket today. 2 months into my current insurance term that i have payed out for the full year. Once i inform my insurance that i now have 3 points on my license, will my insurance go up straight away, meaning i need to do another payment to reflect the added risk, or once my insurance is up for renewal next year?
Check your policy paperwork.

It's likely that you just need to notify them when you renew your policy, you probably don't need to tell them before that. (That's the case for my insurer, I've just checked.)
Last edited by martin7; 1 month ago
Allias Cody
Badges: 7
Rep:
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by martin7)
Check your policy paperwork.

It's likely that you just need to notify them when you renew your policy, you probably don't need to tell them before that. (That's the case for my insurer, I've just checked.)
Your right, just read through my policy wording and it mentions I only need to tell insurance of speeding convictions etc upon renewal.
Name:  Screenshot_20211028-222420.jpg
Views: 10
Size:  343.8 KB
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (33)
9.85%
Okay (97)
28.96%
A bit lacking (122)
36.42%
Not good at all (83)
24.78%

Watched Threads