The Student Room Group

Polo or KA?

I’m getting ready to buy my first car and have narrowed it down to a Volkswagen Polo or Ford KA (10-13 plates) but I’m not sure what to go for. In terms of reliability, insurance, how expensive parts are, etc, what should I get? I only really know the basics about cars so any help would be great :smile:
Original post by sap245
I’m getting ready to buy my first car and have narrowed it down to a Volkswagen Polo or Ford KA (10-13 plates) but I’m not sure what to go for. In terms of reliability, insurance, how expensive parts are, etc, what should I get? I only really know the basics about cars so any help would be great :smile:

ive just passed my driving and I'm also looking for a car ive been checking and i found out that polos are cheap on insurance
I got my daughter a Polo and its great. Insurance was very reasonable even at 17 - we chose black box to keep the cost down but now she's been driving it for 2 years we don't need that any more.
Reply 3
Original post by sap245

Polo but you could look at a Fiesta as well
Reply 4
Polo without a doubt its not even a question
Original post by sap245

The KA is a Fiat Panda/500 under the skin, only the styling is by Ford as everything else about it is a Fiat. Reliability hasn't been bad and replacement parts are cheap as chips. The main thing to watch out for as the car is coming up there in age would be the Electric Power Steering module... cost around £450 if it goes wrong. Other than that it's a cheap car to maintain and fairly cheap car to insure.
Original post by sap245

If you know the basics, you know more about cars than me. :lol:

I can just decide by the look and in this case I like the Volkswagen Polo more.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending