The Student Room Group

GCSE English Language November 2021 Resit

Is anyone resitting GCSE English Language next week? If so, how confident are you feeling about the exams and what grade do you expect to receive?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hi :smile:

I got a grade 9 in english language and sat the exams in 2019, if you’d like any help please do let me know.
Resit no, but my daughter is taking igcse english language on Monday for the first time.

I think she's going to do ok. 8 maybe?
Original post by aliaa03

I got a grade 9 in english language and sat the exams in 2019, if you’d like any help please do let me know.

Hi I hope your day is well, do you have any tips for narrative writing and do you know how to do show don’t tell because when I tried to do that in my writing my grades got worse 😂 so I’m resting on Monday, any replies will be appreciated
Original post by aliaa03

Hello, I am quite confident about the exam but I struggle with my time management like I always run out of time at the end of the exam and always have to rush through Q4 and Q5 leaving me with low marks.
Original post by aliaa03

thats amazingg how did you manage your time so well , i struggle with that alot :frown:
For those who sat the Paper 1 exam today, how did you find it?
Reply 7
What creative writing tasks did you get for Q5? I’ve got my exams in June, but I’m struggling with creative writing, so I’m trying to get ideas to practice.
Original post by Kyle McNeil
For those who sat the Paper 1 exam today, how did you find it?

heyy , did you sit it too? and umh well i was glad with the question 5 it wasnt like a random market so the question was vague and i was glad because i started with Q5 and then section A i just wrote as much as i could i hope the examiner doesn't loose their mind lmao cause i was all over the place .....
Original post by Loulou08
What creative writing tasks did you get for Q5? I’ve got my exams in June, but I’m struggling with creative writing, so I’m trying to get ideas to practice.

hey it could come up as a mock or something for the later years so i don't want to end up breaking some rule lmaooo .....but practise weather description thats all im gonne say :smile:
Original post by lunariumxo
hey it could come up as a mock or something for the later years so i don't want to end up breaking some rule lmaooo .....but practise weather description thats all im gonne say :smile:

Thank you. That's helpful! :smile:
does anyone have paper 2
Original post by dreamking239
does anyone have paper 2

yes
Original post by student893425
yes

Could u send me paper 2 please if this is november this year i have mine tomorrow?
Reply 14
can you send it to me as well pls pls
Could you send it to me as well please
Original post by student893425
yes

Could you send it to me also
Original post by Kaymils89
Could u send me paper 2 please if this is november this year i have mine tomorrow?

Did you get it sent to you? If so could I have it please?
could you send it to me please
Reply 19
Original post by aliaa03

i could do with some advice, how did u revise to get a 9

Quick Reply

Latest