The Student Room Group

why do guys think all girls like the same type?

Every thread I read there are a bunch of guys who won't believe there are many girls who aren't into the stereotypical macho muscle man.

I would have thought that should have been obvious given how popular guys like Harry Styles or Timothee Chalamet are. Why is it so difficult to believe that many girls are not into someone who looks like the Rock or some other shredded guy boys idolise?
Original post by Anonymous
Every thread I read there are a bunch of guys who won't believe there are many girls who aren't into the stereotypical macho muscle man.

I would have thought that should have been obvious given how popular guys like Harry Styles or Timothee Chalamet are. Why is it so difficult to believe that many girls are not into someone who looks like the Rock or some other shredded guy boys idolise?

That is because most of these threads are created by the same person under anonsguise
This is why i prefer girls
Reply 3
Original post by summerbirdreads
That is because most of these threads are created by the same person under anonsguise

No not the OP, there are non-anon users who have a set of characteristics every guy must have to be attractive to girls and if anyone dares question that list then they must be dishonest or ignorant.
No not the OP, there are non-anon users who have a set of characteristics every guy must have to be attractive to girls and if anyone dares question that list then they must be dishonest or ignorant.

Yeah there are but TSR users don't account for the views of the majority of the population
The average guy is fully aware that different women like different things.

However there are a lot of men on the internet who find dating or relationships difficult and have often only spent limited amount of time in the company of women. So they construct their views of women based on stereotypes. Some then go off into the manosphere (red pill, incel, pick up artist, MGTOW, etc. websites) that only reinforce their misguided notions of what women want.
Reply 6
i think because that's what they(!) like. they like muscles and stereotypical 'masculine' men and do not see the appeal of Timothee Chalamet or Harry Styles cuz they're 'girly' with their slender frames and fashion sense, so why would women not agree with them? if they don't agree they must be liars :yep:

or maybe they just don't want women to like that type of guy because they don't want to be that type and it frightens them.

or they're just trying to figure out why they can't get a date and it's easy to blame it on the fact they don't look like The Rock.

but you have to remember most users who post in the Relationships forum are probably between the ages of 15-20 with limited dating and real world experience. once dudes get more experience and maturity most of them i reckon realise women don't really care about abs lol (unless maybe they're like gym junkies i guess :tongue:).
Original post by summerbirdreads
Yeah there are but TSR users don't account for the views of the majority of the population

The views expressed on TSR are broadly representative of the general population of young men.

I know so many young men that have been sucked into the social conditioning of getting a gym honed body, with certain grooming, plus scents, plus clothes, plus flash car etc etc etc.

There is a lot of clever marketing that's being done by gyms and food supplement companies.
Anything that is marketed in a way that implies success with women is lapped up by so many young men.

There's also a lot of cliched film making in Hollywood. Where leading men in action films tend to have a gym honed physique.

As well as sports like heavyweight boxing, where muscle bulk is required for success.

All of which is fine. Let others go down misguided paths. You don't have to fall into this mass group-think. You can take advantage of the misguided beliefs of others. You can stand out from the crowd in the right way.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending