A-level subjects (biology)

Watch this thread
marweetos
Badges: 11
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
I’m currently in year 11 and i need to choose my a level options but i’m not sure about them, i know i would pick psychology and economics however i’m hesitant about biology, i know it’s good with psychology which is why i might choose it but i feel like it will
be hard, to anyone who has done or is doing a-level bio
what’s your opinion on it? any advice or do you think i shouldn’t pick biology
CaptainDuckie
Badges: 22
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 6 months ago
do you enjoy it at GCSE? If so, take it at A-level.
username5706823
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 6 months ago
Take it if you enjoy it like CaptainDuckie suggested, I regret not taking bio at A-level
hungrysalamander
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 6 months ago
As someone who did 3 science A-levels biology was definitely the easiest out of the 3. It's mostly about memorising the content and applying it in exams. What are you planning on studying at uni?
pk027
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 6 months ago
i do both economics and biology
dont wanna make this harder for you but economics is my least fave and bio is my fave
if you enjoy bio now, a-level is just as interesting, just in more detail
but think about what u need for your future plans : if u dont need bio and theres a subject you do need or would rather do then u gotta think about that before its too late
marweetos
Rep:
(Original post by hungrysalamander)
As someone who did 3 science A-levels biology was definitely the easiest out of the 3. It's mostly about memorising the content and applying it in exams. What are you planning on studying at uni?
i would like to study psychology in uni, you think biology with it would be good?
marweetos
Rep:
(Original post by pk027)
i do both economics and biology
dont wanna make this harder for you but economics is my least fave and bio is my fave
if you enjoy bio now, a-level is just as interesting, just in more detail
but think about what u need for your future plans : if u dont need bio and theres a subject you do need or would rather do then u gotta think about that before its too late
i’m doing bio because people say it is well with psychology (i want to do psychology in uni)
is eceonomjcs difficult or is it just really boring
hungrysalamander
Rep:
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by marweetos)
i would like to study psychology in uni, you think biology with it would be good?
Yes
CatInTheCorner
Rep:
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by CaptainDuckie)
do you enjoy it at GCSE? If so, take it at A-level.
I hated it at GCSE, loathed it, no clue how it's now my favourite A-level
pk027
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 6 months ago
i’m doing bio because people say it is well with psychology (i want to do psychology in uni)
is eceonomjcs difficult or is it just really boring
no, i do find it interesting but its the whole graphs and essay part i dislike, the content itself isn't too bad
right now i'm doing the factors that affect supply (weather, price) and demand (changing tastes, income) and how they affect the price the product is sold at
Last edited by pk027; 6 months ago
Arden University
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 6 months ago
I’m currently in year 11 and i need to choose my a level options but i’m not sure about them, i know i would pick psychology and economics however i’m hesitant about biology, i know it’s good with psychology which is why i might choose it but i feel like it will
be hard, to anyone who has done or is doing a-level bio
what’s your opinion on it? any advice or do you think i shouldn’t pick biology
marweetos
Hello! I've just finished my MSc in Psychology. Biology is not essential for Psychology, however, some basic scientific knowledge would be useful for units on neuroscience in-particular. It is a good strong subject to do. It does open up other possibilities too for further study

Marc
Arden University Student Ambassador
Fruity Girl
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 6 months ago
At top unis they will want at least one or two of the following to do psychology - Biology, chemistry, psychology, maths or physics.
marweetos
Rep:
(Original post by pk027)
no, i do find it interesting but its the whole graphs and essay part i dislike, the content itself isn't too bad
right now i'm doing the factors that affect supply (weather, price) and demand (changing tastes, income) and how they affect the price the product is sold at
ohh okay thank you
eternaldevotiion
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 6 months ago
i take bio, psychology and chemistry and bio is definitely the easiest out of all. however its still a really big jump from gcses so dont expect it to be a breeze just be prepared. mind you i was way better at chem then bio at gcse and now im finding bio way easier. if you like biology ttake it just dont feel pressured just cause it'll 'go' with psych
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your Edexcel A-level Economics Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (62)
15.58%
The paper was reasonable (194)
48.74%
Not feeling great about that exam... (100)
25.13%
It was TERRIBLE (42)
10.55%

Watched Threads