The Student Room Group

Trans campaign against BBC

Scroll to see replies

Original post by anarchism101
You mean they accused it of being a poorly researched and misleading article, and argued it should be taken down on that basis? New outlets get complaints like that literally all the time, from pretty much anyone. And they quite routinely remove or amend articles which turn out to have been based on bad reporting or editing. It would be journalistic malpractice not to.

According to these political activists and transgender groups whoever they are, everything seems to be misleading and biased against them if it doesn't suit the narrative.

A few days ago we witnessed the resignation of Professor Kathleen Stock after she was bullied, harassed, intimidated, blackmailed and threatened, by similar types of political activists and transgender groups. I have created a l whole thread in relation to her case.

It seems that they are constantly offended by pretty much everything and when things don't go their way then they start with petitions and letters of complaints and end up with the usual campaigns of harassment, bullying, and intimidation of anyone who goes against their dogmatic views. A moral crusade one after the other and campaigns that have the aim to destroy the career and lives of others.

Still I don't know why anyone, including the state, takes them seriously. Their views are dogmatic and often at odds with common sense and science. Let them complain until they get tired and if they start their usual campaigns against individuals then send them to the courts and to prison.
Original post by SchneiderM
I’m afraid it’s not as simple as you think. The complaint was made by an organisation called Trans Activism. And apparently the complaint was made because they thought the article was an offence to trans and lesbians. As a topic raising debate and contradictory arguments, the trans activists just wanted to censor it; they wanted to see the articles holding a promoting attitude toward trans. When a group of minority holding a certain morality believe that the majority should only care about THEIR opinions, this minority should be woke mobs.

P.S. Does your username indicate anything about your ideology?

As I said in my other post the state and most people who feel the opposite shouldn't take these transgender groups and political activists very seriously.

They usually try to put pressures and affect legislation and politicians so they can have matters their own way. They try to promote and enforced their worldview politically through censorship and cancellation of others. However the silent majority should stop tolerating these behaviours, ignore them, and cancel them if needed.
Reply 62
Original post by Lucifer323
According to these political activists and transgender groups whoever they are, everything seems to be misleading and biased against them if it doesn't suit the narrative.

A few days ago we witnessed the resignation of Professor Kathleen Stock after she was bullied, harassed, intimidated, blackmailed and threatened, by similar types of political activists and transgender groups. I have created a l whole thread in relation to her case.

It seems that they are constantly offended by pretty much everything and when things don't go their way then they start with petitions and letters of complaints and end up with the usual campaigns of harassment, bullying, and intimidation of anyone who goes against their dogmatic views. A moral crusade one after the other and campaigns that have the aim to destroy the career and lives of others.

Still I don't know why anyone, including the state, takes them seriously. Their views are dogmatic and often at odds with common sense and science. Let them complain until they get tired and if they start their usual campaigns against individuals then send them to the courts and to prison.

Theyre scared of bad publicity and these groups can screech very loudly, despite representing basically no one. I know of no transsexual who actually holds the same views as half of these activist groups//extremists. alas, the government these days is far too concerned with what it reads on twitter, so is the news media for that matter./.. they seem to treat some random prat on twitter as being representative of something other than just them, it escaped me as to why.
Same goes for most issues these days unfortunately. From transsexual rights and 'black lives matter' to something as mundane as farming quotas.

The government (all of them for that matter) really needs to pay more attention to yougov polls and the like which actually do show where the public interest lies. Usually in the opposite of whatever the activists are pushing, especially in this regard, where there is no public support for this trans supremacy nonsense theyre spewing. Treating them with respect and as normal people, of course but thats not what theyre after. Same goes for this tosh about black washing British history and so on so forth. Theyre bending to a warped and perverse series of ideologies that no one of any consequence of number subscribes to. Alas it just happens they can manipulate social media to their advantage and shriek louder than normal people.
To a degree it may be a case of some governments or other organisations even seizing on it as a useful distraction (possibly propaganda) and treating Twitter as proof of popularity even if they know better.
can't see why they would publish it in the first place. the main claims in the article are based on some of the worst data i've ever seen, framed specifically to encourage ideas that lead to violence against trans women.
Original post by 64Lightbulbs
can't see why they would publish it in the first place. the main claims in the article are based on some of the worst data i've ever seen, framed specifically to encourage ideas that lead to violence against trans women.

What claims are you referring to exactly? I don't see any claims made by the article that would require data to back them up, because they are just stories from people's personal experience rather than anything quantitative.

In fact it seems to me that many of the responses to the article are very invalidating of the experiences that people have opened up about within it: more interested in protecting the reputation of the trans community as a whole (which the article has in fact made no accusation against) rather than empathising with the people who have suffered. It's very "not all men"-esque.
Original post by 64Lightbulbs
can't see why they would publish it in the first place. the main claims in the article are based on some of the worst data i've ever seen,

So I take it that you’ve got a problem with pink news and other similar media outlets as well.
Original post by Cancelled Alice
So I take it that you’ve got a problem with pink news and other similar media outlets as well.

pink news seems to be biased more in the topics it tends to report on, and their headlines are very click-baity. I haven't personally seen them use bad data cause I don't really read articles from them often, but I'd change my position if you had a few links.
Original post by Djtoodles
Society these days really does feel like a contest to show you are more oppressed than everyone else lol.

Totally agree, shame how things are
Reply 69
Original post by Dutchy1986
Totally agree, shame how things are

I do wonder who wins this perverse little contest though, there being so many self declared candidates and, of course, those who simply think theyre worthy of the title of oppressed because they believe theyre so, despite all evidence to the4 contrary.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending