revision guide or textbook

Watch this thread
jasonsworld
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
I am in year 10, and I want to revise for some subjects as I do have some exams next week. I don't know what to get though... The textbook or the revision guide.. or both......
_Jonneh_
Badges: 13
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 7 months ago
From my personal experience, the revision guide is the only one you should buy as long as you have access to textbooks in school (plus you can take pictures of certain questions/activities from them to do in your own time).

Textbooks are really for learning the content and seeing it for the first time, which you should be doing in school time; at home I think the revision guide will help more and it's not worth spending money on textbooks of your own because usually you will use them in school.
jasonsworld
Rep:
(Original post by _Jonneh_)
From my personal experience, the revision guide is the only one you should buy as long as you have access to textbooks in school (plus you can take pictures of certain questions/activities from them to do in your own time).

Textbooks are really for learning the content and seeing it for the first time, which you should be doing in school time; at home I think the revision guide will help more and it's not worth spending money on textbooks of your own because usually you will use them in school.
I have access to some textbooks in school.. However for some subjects all we use is the powerpoint that the teacher prepared
_Jonneh_
Rep:
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by jasonsworld)
I have access to some textbooks in school.. However for some subjects all we use is the powerpoint that the teacher prepared
Then if possible you should ask if your teachers can email you the powerpoints after every lesson, or if they can show you where they find the powerpoints (if they don't make them themselves) just to gather more resources.
Last edited by _Jonneh_; 7 months ago
username5706823
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 7 months ago
If you're studying from scratch then textbook will be useful but if you have an understanding of topics and this is just for revision CGP guide is the GOAT
jasonsworld
Rep:
(Original post by _Jonneh_)
Then if possible you should ask if your teachers can email you the powerpoints after every lesson, or if they can show you where they find the powerpoints (if they don't make them themselves) just to gather more resources.
ill try to ask my teachers for the powerpoints, but if my teachers won't give them to me what should I do?
Last edited by jasonsworld; 7 months ago
_Jonneh_
Rep:
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by jasonsworld)
ill try to ask my teachers for the powerpoints, but if my teachers won't give them to me what should I do?
It's not the end of the world, you should still be making notes in class to learn the content, and then use a revision guide to consolidate
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Does school Maths prepare people well enough for the future?

Yes, it gives everyone a good foundation for any future path (31)
32.63%
Somewhat, if your future involves maths/STEM (44)
46.32%
No, it doesn't teach enough practical life skills (19)
20%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (1)
1.05%

Watched Threads