Q for gym guys/girls- hip thrusts

Watch
Amzz101
Badges: 7
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Okay so guys I go to the gym frequently and I’m trying to broaden my horizons now lol so I keep eyeing the hip thrust area and I want to start doing them but with one major setback- the plates. I just don’t even know where to start with those thick black plates they have stacked on the side- I’m relatively strong in my legs I have done mountain biking for a while as well as obvs other leg workouts in the gym eg split squats and stuff but I’m scared I’ll put one on each side and just not be able to lift them if that makes sense ?? Does anyone have advice on how to start barbell hip thrusting i just have this massive fear I’ll embarrass myself lool. Hard to explain
Last edited by Amzz101; 4 weeks ago
CaptainDuckie
Badges: 22
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Amzz101)
I’m trying to broaden my horizons now lol

lol

why don’t you start with low weight then just work your way up?
Amzz101
Rep:
(Original post by CaptainDuckie)
lol

why don’t you start with low weight then just work your way up?
But that’s the thing aren’t the black plates all the same weight ? And there isn’t anything lower ? I might be completely wrong lol I haven’t gone to proper investigate for fear of looking weird haha. And those plates look pretty heavy ngl
Last edited by Amzz101; 4 weeks ago
CaptainDuckie
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
But that’s the thing aren’t the black plates all the same weight ? And there isn’t anything lower ? I might be completely wrong lol I haven’t gone to proper investigate for fear of looking weird haha. And those plates look pretty heavy ngl

:no:

not all the same weight. there’s different weighted black plates lol
Amzz101
Rep:
:no:

not all the same weight. there’s different weighted black plates lol
Ah okay thank you so much haha. I was confused because they are all literally the same size there so I thought the weight would be the same ?? Gosh I feel stupid now but at least I know hehe thank you : )
CaptainDuckie
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
Ah okay thank you so much haha. I was confused because they are all literally the same size there so I thought the weight would be the same ?? Gosh I feel stupid now but at least I know hehe thank you : )

lol it’s okay, go broaden your horizons! :lol:
Amzz101
Rep:
lol it’s okay, go broaden your horizons! :lol:
loool will do 😂
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (13)
9.35%
Okay (40)
28.78%
A bit lacking (49)
35.25%
Not good at all (37)
26.62%

Watched Threads