books

Watch this thread
queenbeexox
Badges: 13
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
does anyone have any recommended book to read - not necessarily for leisure but in general - im in year 11 btw.
l.r.
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 6 months ago
what genres are you interested in?
Kallisto
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 6 months ago
If you are interest in classics, I can recommend you some to read.
Emma:-)
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by queenbeexox)
does anyone have any recommended book to read - not necessarily for leisure but in general - im in year 11 btw.
All of the books by:
Cathy Gladd
Lisa Stone
Mike Pannett
Napp
Rep:
Report 6 months ago
Master and Margarita, the golden calf and laylaand majun are all good
constantheadache
Badges: 8
Rep:
Report 6 months ago
catcher in the rye by jd salinger (classic)
the secret history by donna tart (could be considered a modern classic)
red, white, and royal blue by casey mcquinston (lgbt, young adult fiction)
radio silence by alice oseman (contemporary young adult)
heaven by mieko kawakami (japanese fiction, short read) (read trigger warnings online)

i tried to include a wider range of books ! tell me if you would like recommendations from a specific genre, except non-fiction i'm really not into it
queenbeexox
Rep:
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
Thank you for all of the recommendations!!! I am into literally anything, leaning towards classics. thank you (:
the bear
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 6 months ago
Generation X

Microserfs

Jpod

all by Douglas Coupland

The Wind Up Bird Chronicle

by Haruki Murakami
yellowbuttercup
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 6 months ago
One of us is lying series is really good!
I also recommend Jane Austin's books (Pride & Prejudice, Emma etc.). You can read these for free on wattpad <3
https://www.wattpad.com/user/JaneAusten
PinkMobilePhone
Rep:
Report 6 months ago
The 7 Habits of Highly Effective Teens
Kallisto
Rep:
Report 5 months ago
An underrated and well written book just came into my mind - Q & A by Vikas Swarup. The book to the film Slumdog Millionaire. The structure of the plot creates a touching tension and motivates the reader to continue with reading.
mohsinekh
Badges: 6
Rep:
Report 5 months ago
i suggest : the human body encyclopedie
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has advance information helped during your exams?

Yes (128)
67.37%
No (40)
21.05%
I didn't use it to prepare (22)
11.58%

Watched Threads