The Student Room Group

UK GPA to Australian GPA

Anyone knows how a 60% converts to an Australian GPA (eg 6.0/7.0)?
Probably not directly, if you're applying to university courses you should normally have to (and in fact, usually shouldn't at all) be doing the "conversion" yourself as the uni admissions will have their own benchmarks they will evaluate foreign qualifications against based on their long term experience with those qualifications. So they will determine how your degree result compares to Australian standards when you apply. They may have some guidance on their webpages to give you an indication of whether you meet minimum requirements though.
Reply 2
I was hoping for an indication because sometimes they write minimum 5.0/7.0 gpa, and the cutoff is 6.0/7.0, and I dont even know what that translates to, and I cant even ask admissions as they dont tell you
Original post by Anonymous
I was hoping for an indication because sometimes they write minimum 5.0/7.0 gpa, and the cutoff is 6.0/7.0, and I dont even know what that translates to, and I cant even ask admissions as they dont tell you

if you have competent grades and they won't provide international requirements (which i doubt), just apply
Reply 4
Anyone done this before and would like to share how their grades match up?
I tried contacting the universities, and they tell me they cannot pre-assess an application....
Original post by Anonymous

Well going the other direction, looking at UK requirements for grad courses, Cambridge's minimum requirement is a 2:1, and the equivalent from Aus degrees is given as:

"Bachelor’s (Hons) degree 4 years with an overall grade of Second Class (Upper Division), Second Class Division A, Second Class Division 1, H2A, H2i, Distinction, 75%"

So perhaps then Aus unis would likewise see a 2:1 as equivalent to 75%. Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be indication in terms of GPA...maybe see if they list how they view Aus GPAs in terms of classifications, as it seems most Aus degrees have a similar classification system to UK degrees?
(edited 2 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending