The Student Room Group
Undergraduate Centre, Oxford Brookes University
Oxford Brookes University
Oxford

Anyone at Ox Brookes wheatley?

I understand its going to close soon. Whats it like? is it run down? Is there enough tech? Im looking to study computer science.
Reply 1
Original post by RoyKent
I understand its going to close soon. Whats it like? is it run down? Is there enough tech? Im looking to study computer science.

Hi @RoyKent
I am a current student and we have not been told anything about Wheatley closing.
Oxford Brookes campuses are well maintained and there are lots of computers to use around the campuses.
I hope this helps.
Bekki
3rd Year Student Ambassador
Oxford Brookes
Undergraduate Centre, Oxford Brookes University
Oxford Brookes University
Oxford
Reply 2
Original post by Bekki.S
Hi @RoyKent
I am a current student and we have not been told anything about Wheatley closing.
Oxford Brookes campuses are well maintained and there are lots of computers to use around the campuses.
I hope this helps.
Bekki
Oxford Brookes

Thanks for replying. I think the accommodation at Wheatley has closed as it’s no longer on the website. Can you get to Wheatley from all the other halls of residence? I think there is a bus?
Reply 3
Original post by RoyKent
Thanks for replying. I think the accommodation at Wheatley has closed as it’s no longer on the website. Can you get to Wheatley from all the other halls of residence? I think there is a bus?

Hi @RoyKent,
You can travel around all our Oxford Campuses using the uni bus, there are lots of stops and easy access. And with your student card you would get discount on fares.
Bekki
Oxford Brookes
Reply 4
Original post by Bekki.S
Hi @RoyKent
I hope this helps.
Bekki
Oxford Brookes

Plans to knock down Wheatley were there as far back as 2018 with a plan to have it down by 2020/1 with all Computing relocated to Headington. So it was supposed to have been knocked down by now, but covid put a spanner in the works. The buildings are very old and there is a lack of elevators/disabled access for many parts including the library. Ask any staff at Wheatley and they will tell you this.
Reply 5
Original post by RoyKent

Hi @RoyKent
If you want to get a real feel there are some open day and applicant days coming up where you can do a tour of the campuses and accommodation and you would have the opportunity to chat to current students and staff members.

You can use this link to book on the open days, https://www.brookes.ac.uk/open-days/

Bekki
Oxford Brookes

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending