The Student Room Group

French revision techniques

Hi everyone!!

I'm currently taking German & French GCSE and have my mocks next week, and I wanted some ideas of how to revise, I have all paper skills apart from a speaking, major areas I need to work on is my writing skills :smile:

Thank you!!
Hi! I took German for my GCSE and the way I revised was through revision books. They would have practice writing questions and I would use those to help me improve and I would get my teacher to mark them for me. Also, for writing it is really important to use as many tenses as possible. I ended up learning phrases (3 for each tense) that I could adapt into any question. In these sentences would be high level vocab and sentence structures and this really boosts your grade up. Finally, for writing make sure that you have a clear idea on what grammar is right or wrong. This is crucial because if your sentences don't make sense it can loose you marks. For Vocab learning I used the site memorise and this really helped. You can download it on your phone and just doing 5 minutes a day can help you use higher leveled vocabulary, which examiners really look out for. I hope this helps!!
Reply 2
Original post by jess_smith_2
Hi! I took German for my GCSE and the way I revised was through revision books. They would have practice writing questions and I would use those to help me improve and I would get my teacher to mark them for me. Also, for writing it is really important to use as many tenses as possible. I ended up learning phrases (3 for each tense) that I could adapt into any question. In these sentences would be high level vocab and sentence structures and this really boosts your grade up. Finally, for writing make sure that you have a clear idea on what grammar is right or wrong. This is crucial because if your sentences don't make sense it can loose you marks. For Vocab learning I used the site memorise and this really helped. You can download it on your phone and just doing 5 minutes a day can help you use higher leveled vocabulary, which examiners really look out for. I hope this helps!!

Thank you so much!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending