The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE economics with mediocre gcses

Predicted A* - economics, A* - maths A - further maths A-chemistry
Gcses : 99888777666 - do I still stand a chance with a mediocre gcse profile for straight econ at LSE and not 4 A*’s predicted
No
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
I think so - LSE offers are notoriously difficult to predict - given you have the required a levels and fm (A* would be ideal but probably fine) and a "strong set of gcses with the majority at A/A*". But, people with impeccable stats get rejected all the time, so in itself this doesn't translate to having a good chance, it really does come down to your personal statement. I wouldn't say you have the best possible chance, but it isn't a complete long shot.
Reply 3
They place a lot of emphasis on the personal statement, so I wouldn't rule it out. And you do fulfill their requirements for GCSE for "majority at 7 or 8-9".
Very difficult without A* in further maths. Many will have A* in further maths. I've applied for economics at LSE also.
Original post by Anonymous
Gcses : 99888777666 - do I still stand a chance with a mediocre gcse profile for straight econ at LSE and not 4 A*’s predicted

Apply, but apply for another course at LSE in addition to economics.
LSE pure economics is probably the most competitive economics course in the country. There are other aspects of the criteria which need to be met, like a good personal statement,, although grades need to be exceptional.
Original post by Anonymous

I'd say you have a pretty decent shot and that it mostly hangs on your PS.
Original post by XITounsi841
Very difficult without A* in further maths. Many will have A* in further maths. I've applied for economics at LSE also.

not true i got offer last year w A
Original post by confuzzledteen
not true i got offer last year w A

Hence the choice of words in me saying 'very difficult' and not impossible.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending