aspiringmedic22
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I just saw on my UCAS track that I made few mistakes in my personal statement for medicine. one mistake was missing out a word...." equipped me problem-solving and critical analysis skills" - forgot the word 'with'. Another mistake was using the word 'ceasing opportunities' instead of 'seizing opportunities' and also made a small error with comma on 1 occasion. I got my statement read by lots of people beforehand but no one noticed. Will this be a big issue and am I likely to get rejected over something like this?
Jpw1097
Badges: 19
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by aspiringmedic22)
I just saw on my UCAS track that I made few mistakes in my personal statement for medicine. one mistake was missing out a word...." equipped me problem-solving and critical analysis skills" - forgot the word 'with'. Another mistake was using the word 'ceasing opportunities' instead of 'seizing opportunities' and also made a small error with comma on 1 occasion. I got my statement read by lots of people beforehand but no one noticed. Will this be a big issue and am I likely to get rejected over something like this?
I think it will probably be noticed. Personal statements are weighted differently by different universities. Some use it only in tie-breaker situations, in which case it could be the difference if it came to a tie-breaker, but would be of little to no importance otherwise. However, I think if the personal statement is strong overall they might be forgiving. I'm not here to lecture you about how you should have tripled-checked your PS. Remember that your PS is only one aspect of your application and if you are strong in other areas it shouldn't be too much of a big deal, so try not to worry too much, there's not much you can do about it now.
5thchild
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
I also would have said ‘critical analytical skill’ instead of analysis 😕
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (4)
8.33%
Okay (17)
35.42%
A bit lacking (14)
29.17%
Not good at all (13)
27.08%

Watched Threads