can-opener
Badges: 4
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
So I've already sent my personal statement and last minute found flights back home in december so I can see my parents. I can still do online interviews in Singapore but the dates I'm flying I obviously won't be able to. Interview offers aren't sent yet and I'm not 100% certain I'll be getting them from any of my schools with the way medicine is. So, what should be the plan of action? Should I email all the universities I've applied to that I won't be available on those dates ASAP or should I wait to tell them if/when they actually offer me an interview and it just so happens to be on those two dates? Thanks for any advice!
toomuchworktodo
Badges: 8
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by can-opener)
So I've already sent my personal statement and last minute found flights back home in december so I can see my parents. I can still do online interviews in Singapore but the dates I'm flying I obviously won't be able to. Interview offers aren't sent yet and I'm not 100% certain I'll be getting them from any of my schools with the way medicine is. So, what should be the plan of action? Should I email all the universities I've applied to that I won't be available on those dates ASAP or should I wait to tell them if/when they actually offer me an interview and it just so happens to be on those two dates? Thanks for any advice!
Medical universities are aware of international applicants and circumstantial change. I’d wait to get interviews before it, there may be a specific place to contact about it all xx good luck!! I’m applying to med this year too, my unis are BMAT tho so Ill be worrying the same as you after Nov 3rd! I’m sure you’ll get one and I’m sure the online interview style will be ok with boards so long as explanation is decent and you contact them as soon as you get an interview!
can-opener
Badges: 4
Rep:
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
(Original post by toomuchworktodo)
Medical universities are aware of international applicants and circumstantial change. I’d wait to get interviews before it, there may be a specific place to contact about it all xx good luck!! I’m applying to med this year too, my unis are BMAT tho so Ill be worrying the same as you after Nov 3rd! I’m sure you’ll get one and I’m sure the online interview style will be ok with boards so long as explanation is decent and you contact them as soon as you get an interview!
thanks and good luck!
Dsp_
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by can-opener)
Hi! I am also an international student, I would suggest you waited until you are offered an interview to let them know about your situation. But I think some universities have sent forms asking if you are not available certain days for interview. What universities did you apply to?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (3)
8.11%
Okay (13)
35.14%
A bit lacking (11)
29.73%
Not good at all (10)
27.03%

Watched Threads