Girls, would you let friend help improve your dating profile and would you help him?

Watch this thread
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
Girls, Would you help your friend and let him help you if he messaged “saw you on dating app. Help me improve my profile and I’ll help improve yours.”
bluebirdbubble
Badges: 10
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 6 months ago
It depends on how close friends you are, I think. If you are close, if you can trust his advice, and know that he wants the best for you, ask him about any advice he has regarding your profile. However, if he is helping you just to get your help, then no. I would say that by the way in which the message is written, that MAY be the case, but further conversation will probably help to clarify Xx
Dunnig Kruger
Badges: 16
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 6 months ago
If he wants help improving his profile, then he's not going to give you any useful help with yours.
The blind leading the blind.

If he was smashing it out the park with his profile, then it would be worth taking notice of any advice he might give.
But he's not. He's getting poor to mediocre results. Otherwise he would have said "I've been getting great results with my profile. Would you like me to give you my thoughts on your profile?"
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Dunnig Kruger)
If he wants help improving his profile, then he's not going to give you any useful help with yours.
The blind leading the blind.

If he was smashing it out the park with his profile, then it would be worth taking notice of any advice he might give.
But he's not. He's getting poor to mediocre results. Otherwise he would have said "I've been getting great results with my profile. Would you like me to give you my thoughts on your profile?"
Would you help him then if he asked?
Dunnig Kruger
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Would you help him then if he asked?
I'd do what I could - within reason - to try to help him. That's what friends are for.
Although having said that, if it was area outside of my expertise, I'd probably just point him towards someone that could help him more than me.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Dunnig Kruger)
I'd do what I could - within reason - to try to help him. That's what friends are for.
Although having said that, if it was area outside of my expertise, I'd probably just point him towards someone that could help him more than me.
I made it worse by apologising for swiping right. And saying hope we’re still cool.
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 6 months ago
No.
Not unless he was a successful matchmaking consultant or I knew he had a lot of professional experience with heterosexual dating profiles.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you done work experience at school/college?

Yes (156)
41.82%
Not yet, but I will soon (69)
18.5%
No (148)
39.68%

Watched Threads