MollzAthers
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Can anyone help me with pgce/school direct interview questions please?

-what are the knowledge, skills and understanding required to be an effective teacher?

- a discussion of an artefact that acts as an analogy for why i want to be a teacher

- a lesson plan i would deliver to a small group of year 3 children for a literacy lesson

- the recovery curriculum

Any help with any of these things would be a massive help, particularly the first 3. Thanks!!
PrimaryITE
Badges: 7
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by MollzAthers)
Can anyone help me with pgce/school direct interview questions please?

-what are the knowledge, skills and understanding required to be an effective teacher?

- a discussion of an artefact that acts as an analogy for why i want to be a teacher

- a lesson plan i would deliver to a small group of year 3 children for a literacy lesson

- the recovery curriculum

Any help with any of these things would be a massive help, particularly the first 3. Thanks!!
There are not specific answers for those questions. They will be personal to you. It will soon become evident to the interviewer if you've not constructed the answers yourself.
For 1 - Read up on what is required to be a teacher, and then start reading around that on what other things people say you need to be a teacher. Pick some you agree with and come up with reasons why based on what you've read.
For 2 - Why do you want to be a teacher? Be honest with yourself.
For 3 - Look at the Primary National Curriculum for English
tinyperson
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
This is a idea for number 3. You could use the storybook Cloudy with a chance of Meatballs as a teaching resource for the basis of your literature lesson. You could get the kids to do a flowchart of predictions wholly based on the novel and have them do a cartoon strip. Also have them orally review the story during the lesson and develop it further into a sequel for homework. Another good idea is a fun book report or letter to the author etc. They could even do a mini homework diary for each of the characters that are in the novel describing their hopes and dreams.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (37)
9.61%
Okay (112)
29.09%
A bit lacking (145)
37.66%
Not good at all (91)
23.64%

Watched Threads