Have you ever been happy with a low grade?

Watch
jonathanemptage
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
I was i knew from day 1 that that particular subject was a mistake for me but the collage wouldn't let me drop it I was fully expecting to get a U in it come results day. it turned out I had just scraped an E and was very pleased (I knew I'd tried my best).

So my question is if you knew you'd tried your best and expected a lower grade or to fail would you have been pleased?
Andiebb
Badges: 6
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 2 months ago
The same happened to me. I chose English lit and language instead of Chemistry. I got a lower grade and I was happy because I tried my hardest. It doesn’t matter in the end, as my A levels were just a stepping stone to my degree. You did your best and that is all that can be expected of you. Also, not everyone can get A and B’s.
jonathanemptage
Rep:
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
(Original post by Andiebb)
The same happened to me. I chose English lit and language instead of Chemistry. I got a lower grade and I was happy because I tried my hardest. It doesn’t matter in the end, as my A levels were just a stepping stone to my degree. You did your best and that is all that can be expected of you. Also, not everyone can get A and B’s.
True very true also I still got on to my degree so it's all good.
kates4745
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Andiebb)
Yes i agree. But hardworks paysoff.
tinyperson
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 2 months ago
Yes. I was not very pleased with my really terrible GCSE maths result but it enabled me to still attend my local community fe college and then explore some other study options whilst redoing it completely at a much lower level which was so much easier overall. So in the end it was all a win win.
Prajuu1350
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
Same once thought I would get a U on a test but managed an E..was very proud of myself even though I failed aha!
tamil fever
Badges: 20
Report 4 weeks ago
Yes when I was failing that subject and atleast got a grade .Or times when I gave up mentally and when I still got a C or below lmaoo
WoePerMonth
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by jonathanemptage)
I was i knew from day 1 that that particular subject was a mistake for me but the collage wouldn't let me drop it I was fully expecting to get a U in it come results day. it turned out I had just scraped an E and was very pleased (I knew I'd tried my best).

So my question is if you knew you'd tried your best and expected a lower grade or to fail would you have been pleased?
Hi there!

To be honest, this happened to me several times esp recently. I'm that type of person who spends time and energy only on the things that they know it's worth it. Once I knew a subject would only take my time for nothing, I was pleased with my low grades and fails. Cause that time I knew I have worked on sth I'm passionate about.
Last edited by WoePerMonth; 4 weeks ago
username5585736
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
Yes, last year I scored a lot of just passes between 40 and latter 50s

For a second year student that’s probably quite abysmal; third class category as far as classifications go. I was happy and am still happy about these passes though.

That year I ended up in a prison cell literally not long after having passed all those exams, that’s how bad the year was in general for different reasons (i’m not a criminal; i was never charged with any offences!)
Music47
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by jonathanemptage)

Totally! Some classes you hope for a first and some you are happy to scrape a pass. Each subject and even each module is different!
Emma:-)
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
I got an E in A-level general studies.
I must add that it was compulsory at our 6th form (on top of whatever subjects you were doing).
It was the most pointless subject ever.
It didn't really bother me that I got a low grade.
gjd800
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
Failed GCSE art and didn't give a ****

Wasn't exactly 'happy', just apathetic
Kallisto
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
The greatest disappointment a student can get is to get a bad or low grade in a subject in which the student was (very) good before. So that happened to me in some lessons and in the exam for A levels mathematics. That got me hard. And harder than in oral exam Latin. Latin was a desaster, of course I was disappointed with the grade I got (an E!). Meanwhile I learnt to cope with it. They are just grades - and I passed! that is the main point. I know what I can, even if the grades got worse.
Last edited by Kallisto; 2 weeks ago
Noodlzzz
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
My 2.2 was the best and worse grade I've ever had in equal measures
0ptics
Badges: 19
Report 2 weeks ago
I got a 4 in GCSE graphics. Not exactly happy with it but not exactly disappointed with it either.
Noodlzzz
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
I also got a C in GCSE art and now a part time artist
Honey57
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
I got the lowest grade for English lit which was a 7 and I was so proud of myself since I was achieving 3s and 4s in my mocks.
cleveranimal56
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Honey57)
I got the lowest grade for English lit which was a 7 and I was so proud of myself since I was achieving 3s and 4s in my mocks.
An A is an A.
Honey57
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by cleveranimal56)
An A is an A.
I know but everyone got a 9 in my class. I was the lowest performing student in English lit. Also the mock exam before my actual I got a 3. I was so devastated and said bye to a good grade. But somehow God heard me and blessed me with a decent grade that I’m very proud of.
Obolinda
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
i feel apathetic abt most of my "bad" grades
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

When did you submit your Ucas application if you applied to go to university this year?

September 2021 (36)
6.49%
October 2021 (251)
45.23%
November 2021 (66)
11.89%
December 2021 (69)
12.43%
January 2021 (72)
12.97%
I still haven't submitted it yet! (44)
7.93%