Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, i know where Gatwick airport is! Who was it that didn't? We should have a TSR outing around UK's aiports to further our geographical knowledge of our own country! This is nearly as bad as Jade Goody thinking that East Anglia was abroad!

Lou
    xxx

ReputationRep:
    yup, me from austria.

ReputationRep:
    Yes. I live near Glasgow.

ReputationRep:
    Hey TK nice to see you again

Yes I know where Gatwick is :p: Portsmouth, South Hants.

ReputationRep:
    london

ReputationRep:
    Yes, I live about two stops away on the train and pass it whenever I want to go to London.

ReputationRep:
    Ummm yes it's in london isn't it?? I'm from berks...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bekaboo)
    Ummm yes it's in london isn't it?? I'm from berks...
    No it's not in London.

It's on the way down from London towards Brighton. The Airport is called London Gatwick though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by englishstudent)
    No it's not in London.

It's on the way down from London towards Brighton. The Airport is called London Gatwick though.
    yes...it's silly isn't it - it should be called sussex gatiwick :cool: :p:

ReputationRep:
    No it's not in London.

Oh well you can't blame me for believing it was actually in London!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TK)
    yes...it's silly isn't it - it should be called sussex gatiwick :cool: :p:
    But imagine all the Japanese business men... they'd think there were going to end up in rurality and only go to Heathrow. Thus Gatwick would lose all its custom and thus start making huge losses which would in turn plunge the entire local economy into a downward spiral and thus Sussex would go under and thus England would flounder and then Britain and then perhaps the entire European economy. And then Bush's armies wou- hmm, maybe not.

Nah, I like London Gatwick actually.

ReputationRep:
    But imagine all the Japanese business men... they'd think there were going to end up in rurality and only go to Heathrow. Thus Gatwick would lose all its custom and thus start making huge losses which would in turn plunge the entire local economy into a downward spiral and thus Sussex would go under and thus England would flounder and then Britain and then perhaps the entire European economy. And then Bush's armies wou- hmm, maybe not.

No I think you have a point. I think it's a staple of railway companys' income.

ReputationRep:

lol. me is confoozed. :p: anyway - i think they should have called my town Gatwick City coz it sounds cool :cool: (that is what they were originally gonna call it) but there is no cathedral

ReputationRep:

Heathrow's hardly in London though, is it?

Closer to the M25, but I think the motorway's a bit further from central London in the West.

As for me, yes I do indeed know where Gatwick is. I'm near Croydon, so I'm on the same rail line

What's the curiosity about?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blissy)
    No I think you have a point. I think it's a staple of railway companys' income.
    Yeah I'd imagine so. The Gatwick Express is great - but damn expensive.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hayley...)
    What's the curiosity about?
    because at uni when i tell people i live near gatwick lots of people don't know where it is

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TK)
    because at uni when i tell people i live near gatwick lots of people don't know where it is

Really?

I know I've lived here all my life and only ever used that airport... But it's London's second airport!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TK)
    lol. me is confoozed. :p: anyway - i think they should have called my town Gatwick City coz it sounds cool :cool: (that is what they were originally gonna call it) but there is no cathedral
    That's like Milton Keynes..so they called themselves "Milton Keynes- New City" instead. Silly Milton Keyners..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hayley...)
    Really?

I know I've lived here all my life and only ever used that airport... But it's London's second airport!
    hehe - i know. i dunno why they haven't heard of it - i though perhaps i was expecting too much thinking everyone would know it, but obviosly i wasn't - only one person on here hasn't heard of it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by secret_man)
    tk, we were at gatwick the same time as each other I think

you mc watson and myself

[when I went to America]
    were we secret man? :confused:

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 19, 2005
Poll
Do you have a role model?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.