The Student Room Group

Adulthood

So i turned 21 two days ago… like wow how did that even happen?
I have one older sibling and I have always been the youngest, and basically it always felt like I would be a baby forever like I’d always be young and always be able to hide behind the child label in terms of like been able to excuse my inability and my lack of competency to do something or take responsibility for things.
And basically through many traumas I have put up with I feel like I grew up with a lack of ability to rise to the challenge Of adult hood.

I sometimes feel like I still have a child brain socially, intellectually like I feel like I literally can’t handle adult hood responsibility I’m so introverted And also it’s not to say that the fault of me being in this position is all the fault of others because it’s not ,a lot of the reasons I’m in this position is through my own personal choices and decision-making I guess. That’s definitely a regret of mine I take ownership of.
I just feel like I can’t even deal with the things that are heading my way , feeling like I have on infantile like state of mind like I’m not pragmatic or in control really extroverted you’re a super achiever :frown:

Anyone else feel this way?
One day you’re just a kid watching movies and playing and then suddenly you’re an adult with adult responsibilities like bills that still just wants to play and watch Disney movies 😭 I have a job and 3 kids and still can’t believe all the adulting stuff I take care of every day. It gets easier though and you get used to getting older.
I got married at 21, and had a kid.

:biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest