The Student Room Group

NSAA

Hi guys, super stressed about the NSAA - I’m really not doing well on the past papers. How important is it in my application considering I’m a strong applicant otherwise, and have others been struggling or is it just me?
Reply 1
Hi! I'm in the exact same situation, I've honestly been finding it really difficult as well. Some questions are fine, but when I think I'm getting the hang of it, I make so many stupid mistakes. It's super discouraging, but I've kind of just adopted an 'it is what it is' mindset and will just try my best on Wednesday. In terms of importance, I've heard that it is important, but Cambridge look at applications as a whole, so a 'bad' score will not determine the outcome of your whole application :smile:
Reply 2
I'm the same I've been getting pretty average scores and I know I can't do anything more to prepare for tomorrow so i've pretty much accepted whatever I'll get. But i'm completely fine with not getting in since I love my other Uni choices
Original post by ezyc
Hi! I'm in the exact same situation, I've honestly been finding it really difficult as well. Some questions are fine, but when I think I'm getting the hang of it, I make so many stupid mistakes. It's super discouraging, but I've kind of just adopted an 'it is what it is' mindset and will just try my best on Wednesday. In terms of importance, I've heard that it is important, but Cambridge look at applications as a whole, so a 'bad' score will not determine the outcome of your whole application :smile:

thank you so much, this made me feel loads better :smile: how did you find it?
Reply 4
Original post by yeet1828377181
thank you so much, this made me feel loads better :smile: how did you find it?

to be very honest, it was absolutely awful 😭 I found this paper way more difficult than the past papers I completed and I guessed so many questions…. I was really demotivated for Section 2 and yeah, overall not a good experience! So glad it’s over though :smile: How about you?
Original post by ezyc
to be very honest, it was absolutely awful 😭 I found this paper way more difficult than the past papers I completed and I guessed so many questions…. I was really demotivated for Section 2 and yeah, overall not a good experience! So glad it’s over though :smile: How about you?

literally same😭section 2 was absolutely horrible I pretty much guessed every question
Reply 6
literally same😭section 2 was absolutely horrible I pretty much guessed every question

omg I’m so glad someone feels the same 😭 me too, I guessed a lot of section one as well… which topic did you choose in sec two? I prepared for chem but ended choosing bio, great logic :smile:
this year's NSAA I did so badly in. in the previous ones I have done under timed conditions I got around 80% on average. for this one I'm sure I got like 30%. wow. not good
Original post by eimov.hirano
this year's NSAA I did so badly in. in the previous ones I have done under timed conditions I got around 80% on average. for this one I'm sure I got like 30%. wow. not good

Me too :frown:
Original post by ezyc
omg I’m so glad someone feels the same 😭 me too, I guessed a lot of section one as well… which topic did you choose in sec two? I prepared for chem but ended choosing bio, great logic :smile:

chem, it was so painful
Reply 10
chem, it was so painful

oh no :frown: at least it's over now, all we can do is wait :')

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending