MasterMuiz
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Hi,

I'm currently taking 4 A-levels: Bio, Chem, Maths and History. One of my friends told me that there's no need to take 4 because you can only put 3 A-levels on your UCAS Application. Is this true?

I want to take Medicine at Uni and I really enjoy the subjects I'm taking but if I can only put 3 of them on my UCAS then there's no need for me to do 4 and have extra work so I might as well drop one. I would really be thankful if someone knew and could tell me if it's true.

Thank you
CatInTheCorner
Badges: 17
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by MasterMuiz)
Hi,

I'm currently taking 4 A-levels: Bio, Chem, Maths and History. One of my friends told me that there's no need to take 4 because you can only put 3 A-levels on your UCAS Application. Is this true?

I want to take Medicine at Uni and I really enjoy the subjects I'm taking but if I can only put 3 of them on my UCAS then there's no need for me to do 4 and have extra work so I might as well drop one. I would really be thankful if someone knew and could tell me if it's true.

Thank you
You can put 4, but offers are only ever made for 3, even for medicine. You want AAA in bio, chem, and one other for a standard, non-contextual offer
McGinger
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
Its essentially a waste of time doing 4 A levels. No UK Uni wants more than 3, and you wont get any extra credit for doing 4.
You also risk all your grades by taking 4 subjects - AAA will always look better than ABBB, and this could be the difference between having a Uni place in August, or not.
Chi chi5
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by McGinger)
Its essentially a waste of time doing 4 A levels. No UK Uni wants more than 3, and you wont get any extra credit for doing 4.
You also risk all your grades by taking 4 subjects - AAA will always look better than ABBB, and this could be the difference between having a Uni place in August, or not.
Of course with the exception of QMUL where extra tariff points are counted in the scoring process. If you aren’t highly considering Barts, I wouldn’t bother with a fourth.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (5)
10.2%
Okay (17)
34.69%
A bit lacking (14)
28.57%
Not good at all (13)
26.53%

Watched Threads