The Student Room Group

UCAS Application

Hi,

I'm currently taking 4 A-levels: Bio, Chem, Maths and History. One of my friends told me that there's no need to take 4 because you can only put 3 A-levels on your UCAS Application. Is this true?

I want to take Medicine at Uni and I really enjoy the subjects I'm taking but if I can only put 3 of them on my UCAS then there's no need for me to do 4 and have extra work so I might as well drop one. I would really be thankful if someone knew and could tell me if it's true.

Thank you
Original post by MasterMuiz
Hi,

I'm currently taking 4 A-levels: Bio, Chem, Maths and History. One of my friends told me that there's no need to take 4 because you can only put 3 A-levels on your UCAS Application. Is this true?

I want to take Medicine at Uni and I really enjoy the subjects I'm taking but if I can only put 3 of them on my UCAS then there's no need for me to do 4 and have extra work so I might as well drop one. I would really be thankful if someone knew and could tell me if it's true.

Thank you

You can put 4, but offers are only ever made for 3, even for medicine. You want AAA in bio, chem, and one other for a standard, non-contextual offer
Its essentially a waste of time doing 4 A levels. No UK Uni wants more than 3, and you wont get any extra credit for doing 4.
You also risk all your grades by taking 4 subjects - AAA will always look better than ABBB, and this could be the difference between having a Uni place in August, or not.
Original post by McGinger
Its essentially a waste of time doing 4 A levels. No UK Uni wants more than 3, and you wont get any extra credit for doing 4.
You also risk all your grades by taking 4 subjects - AAA will always look better than ABBB, and this could be the difference between having a Uni place in August, or not.

Of course with the exception of QMUL where extra tariff points are counted in the scoring process. If you aren’t highly considering Barts, I wouldn’t bother with a fourth.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending