The Student Room Group

Grant Thornton Public Sector Audit training contact

Does anyone know if Grant Thornton’s 6 month Public Sector Audit training contact is paid or unpaid? They don’t disclose that on their website and I don’t want to ask them, especially as I haven’t had my official interview yet and I think asking might make me seem less serious and put them off giving me the position.
Reply 1
it will be paid.
Reply 2
Original post by sharongrapes
Its paid

Thank you! Any idea of how much roughly? I just want to be able to save up for just before I go to university :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by j.naija
Does anyone know if Grant Thornton’s 6 month Public Sector Audit training contact is paid or unpaid? They don’t disclose that on their website and I don’t want to ask them, especially as I haven’t had my official interview yet and I think asking might make me seem less serious and put them off giving me the position.

hi have you had an interview?
if so what was it like?
and what was the salary range?

Thank you
Reply 4
Hi, I had my interview with them on the 18th November, I felt it went really well because they offered me a place. The interview consisted of a series of motivational questions, questions such as ‘why grant Thornton’, ‘why auditing?’ And also questions where they asked about ‘a time when’ you had to analyse large sums of new data/ information

The pay per annum is £23k but since it’s a 6 month contract obviously the pay will be half of this 23k

Hope this helps, if you want anymore information pm or just ask on the forum!:smile:
Reply 5
Original post by j.naija
Hi, I had my interview with them on the 18th November, I felt it went really well because they offered me a place. The interview consisted of a series of motivational questions, questions such as ‘why grant Thornton’, ‘why auditing?’ And also questions where they asked about ‘a time when’ you had to analyse large sums of new data/ information

The pay per annum is £23k but since it’s a 6 month contract obviously the pay will be half of this 23k

Hope this helps, if you want anymore information pm or just ask on the forum!:smile:

hi, was this graduate placement or like a school leavers?

I applied for the graduate placement, where if you do well/they like you - you will be offered the graduate scheme afterwards

Also thanks for your help, i got the offer too :biggrin:
Reply 6
Original post by dohyun
hi, was this graduate placement or like a school leavers?

I applied for the graduate placement, where if you do well/they like you - you will be offered the graduate scheme afterwards

Also thanks for your help, i got the offer too :biggrin:

Yayy congratulations, that’s nice to hear!:biggrin:

I applied for the school leavers placement, it’s a 6 month training contract/ internship starting in February 2022 and similar to graduate placements, if the company like me then I can progress onto the school leavers placement full time. But I won’t be doing that as I am a gap year student and so will be going to uni in September instead! My primary reason for applying for the placement was for finance related work experience :smile:
So you’ve worked at GT? I’m sympathetic if you have been!
Reply 8
Original post by Dontgo2gtuk
So you’ve worked at GT? I’m sympathetic if you have been!

Why?🤣 I enjoyed the experience! It was in London so that probably made the difference?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending